cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax report shows a credit balance that does not match my statement closing balance

tag
Objectivist
Valued Member

Equifax report shows a credit balance that does not match my statement closing balance

How is this? My 10 day older TU report shows last month's closing balance, but not Equifax or Experian. However, my EX and EQ reports match. I'm confused. Did my bank just randomly report my balance on some random day?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Re: Equifax report shows a credit balance that does not match my statement closing balance

The CRAs recieve and update information at different times and sometimes often through out the month.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 2 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax report shows a credit balance that does not match my statement closing balance

It's not that common, but some do mid-statement updates. Which creditor is it if you don't mind us asking?

Message 3 of 9
Objectivist
Valued Member

It's BofA. I'm in Michigan if that makes a difference.
Message 4 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I've had BofA for several years and haven't experienced a mid-statement update. Is it possible you talked to them, GW'd them, wrote them, called them, disputed something, changed an address, or something like that? They will update mid-statement if you update any info with them. I used to update my address, and without changing or retyping anything, I would click "submit" and within a couple of days they would start to update my CRs. Cool service not offered by other CCCs.

Message 5 of 9
Objectivist
Valued Member

I asked for a CLI...could that be it?

Message 6 of 9
GregB
Valued Contributor

I would guess that is it. Does the amount seem like it is more recent than the last statement?

BofA does sometimes report the current balance when you change address, personal info, etc. It wouldn't surprise me that a CLI request would also update.

I have made changes that resulted in an update but others caused no update.

Message 7 of 9
YahComb
Established Contributor

BOA gave me an off-cycle update at both CLI's and at graduation. Also just got one when my AF posted just 2 days after my statement closed-the day they listed the update is the day before i called to inquire about having it waived so i don't think that triggered it.  Since my balance is set to auto-pif right after the statement cuts my balance actually smaller now lol.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 8 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

BOFA has done a series of mid-cycle updates on me in the past few months.  Once when I increased my limit, once I suspect because I loaded the card with some of my spending I'd been saving up for, and then it appears to have done so when I graduated but that's likely because I accepted a decreased limit.

I'd never had this happen in the past either with this card or with prior ones, so it either appears to be a semi-recent change, or a behavior issue by yours truly when it comes to the somewhat strange middle one.

        
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.