Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax requires me to mail a request?

tag
KatherineLee
Valued Member

Equifax requires me to mail a request?

I just tried to pull my Equifax report via annualcreditreport.com, and I got this message,

"Online Delivery Unavailable - Mail in Request

We're sorry, for your protection we are unable to deliver your Equifax Free Annual Credit Report online."

This has never happened before for any of the three bureaus on any of the other previous two times I pulled my free annual report. 

Has anyone else seen this?  Should I be concerned?

I regularly view my Transunion report and FICO score every 3 months with the quarterly reporting product sold by MyFICO.com.  There should be no red flags as far as I know... so I am not sure if this is just how they do this now?  Or... is something on my Equifax that is not on my Transunion?

*nervous, and lazy to mail in a request... but will have to...Smiley Sad:*

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Equifax requires me to mail a request?

It could be for a number of reasons like you couldn't answer the questions, etc.  It has happened to me.

Message 2 of 6
KatherineLee
Valued Member

I was freaking out enough that I just paid for the report and the FICO score.  I wanted to know my Equifax score anyways since I haven't seen it in a couple years.

I am glad I did because...

775!!! BAMMM!!!

That's better than my one month old Transunion FICO score of 744.

Pretty happy. 

Nothing bad happening on my Equifax report. Smiley Happy

Maybe they just wanted to verify my awesomeness or something.  The security questions were weird because all but one of them were "none of the above" - that's never happened before. 

Feeling pretty good for a 25 year old making 24k a year in grad school.  I should have an awesome score in two years when I buy a home!! 

Message 3 of 6
fezha

Same thing happened to me. I am 100% sure I answered all the security questions corectly, but it still gave me that same message.

So, tomorrow I'm off to mailing my documents/forms.

I got a little scared at first, but knowing this happened to someone else relieves me some. I'm 20 btw, so ID fraud is something I don't want at my age!

Message 4 of 6
Rain77
Frequent Contributor

Same happened to me.  Must be something on their end. I called and ordered the report.  Makes no sense how they say  "for your security we cannot deliver your report online" and want me to send proof of who I am via mail.

Last HP 8/29/14

Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.