Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax score dropped 24 pts!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax score dropped 24 pts!

I received a Scorewatch that said my score had dropped 24 pts. They did just complete a dispute investigation. When I compared my current credit report with my one from 8 days prior (when I had received a Scorewatch for a score jump of like 20 pts, these are the differences:

A credit card account that I had disputed had been removed (it had been with my X and was his responsibility after divorce but he has not been paying, derogs showing up on my report, it was NOT one of my oldest accounts and had a lot of 30, 60 and 90 day lates)

4 medical paid collections from a car accident that were under dispute were verified and the Reported Date for all of them was updated to May 2009 (all other dates DOLA/DOFD remained in the  2003 timeframe)

My credit cards and car note balances all dropped lower.

So is it becuase of the Reported date being May 2009 that hurt me? Getting very frustrated with this whole game and trying to understand. Thanks in advance for any responses!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax score dropped 24 pts!

Yup, those collections updating is what dropped your score.

Also paid or not,,,when it comes to collections----Its just best to get them removed completely.

Message Edited by shay2009 on 05-15-2009 02:58 PM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.