cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax score

tag
conteh

Equifax score

My exuifax score 85 points lower than the other two scores, can some one explain please? How will lenders see this?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax score

There are lots of possibilities.  Are you using the same scoring model across all your reports?  Where are you getting the scores from?

Do all your reports have the same information?  Mine don't.

Message 2 of 12
conteh

Thanks for replying. I just ordered my fico score with scores from all three

some thing has to be wrong right

Message 3 of 12
conteh

what is a scoring model? I was under the impression the fico score is what lenders use?

Message 4 of 12
user5387
Valued Contributor

There are multiple sources of scores, including FICO and various others called FAKOs.

Within FICO, there are a bunch of variations, and there are lots of threads on this forum about this subject.

If your scores are based on a variety of formulas, or there is different information across your reports, or the scores are not pulled on the same day, then you may have large mismatches.

Message 5 of 12
conteh

will this affect me when I try to get a loan, or will they see the big gap and question the Equifax score?

Thnaks

Message 6 of 12
user5387
Valued Contributor

It might.

You may have erroneous information on one of your reports, and it's worth getting to the bottom of the issue.

If it's a derogatory, it's worth trying to do something about it.

Message 7 of 12
conteh

Okay thanks

Message 8 of 12
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

@conteh wrote:

My exuifax score 85 points lower than the other two scores, can some one explain please? How will lenders see this?

Depends which lender.   The Transunion Fico from here is TU98, hardly any lender, if any lender at all, uses that.  TU04 is used primarily by Mortgage Lenders, and TU08 by CCC's.  From my knowledge, only place to get a TU04 is from your lender, and TU08 you can get if you have a CC that offers it monthly with the card.   The EQ here is the one Mortgage Lenders use.  The EX here is a newer version and just a few lenders as of now use that one.

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 9 of 12
noobafterbk
Contributor

so what your saying is that having a subscription here is not worth much unless purchasing a house in the near future because the scores we see are either irrelevant or can be obtained for free via a credit card. good to know.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.