My TransUnion credit report lists the following positive factors

-You have no missed payments on your credit accounts

-You've limited the use of your available credit

-You have an established credit history

-You've shown recent use of credit cards

and just one negative factor, which is listed as

-You have not established a long revolving credit history

I have two questions about this:

1) the oldest credit account and the oldest revolving credit account on my report are one and the same: my Citi Forward card, opened 6 years, 9 months ago at the time of this posting.  How can this grant me an established credit history but not a long revolving credit history? The expandable drop down says that the FICO 760+ club opened their oldest credit card 25 years ago on average.  My score is 765.  If this is a factor negatively influencing my score, it can't be doing so by much, right?

2) I have six credit inquiries listed on my file.  However, when I open up the "Inquiries" section of the MyFICO report, under "Inquiries that may be affecting your FICO score" only four are listed.  I thought these inquiries were significantly dragging down my score, but If they were, wouldn't they be listed as one of the negative factors on my report summary?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Established Credit History vs. Established Revolving Credit History

@Anonymous wrote:

My TransUnion credit report lists the following positive factors

-You have no missed payments on your credit accounts

-You've limited the use of your available credit

-You have an established credit history

-You've shown recent use of credit cards

and just one negative factor, which is listed as

-You have not established a long revolving credit history

I have two questions about this:

1) the oldest credit account and the oldest revolving credit account on my report are one and the same: my Citi Forward card, opened 6 years, 9 months ago at the time of this posting.  How can this grant me an established credit history but not a long revolving credit history? The expandable drop down says that the FICO 760+ club opened their oldest credit card 25 years ago on average.  My score is 765.  If this is a factor negatively influencing my score, it can't be doing so by much, right? Of course, it's not bringing your score down that much if your score is 765. It just has to populate some information, so since you don't have a CC that's 20 years old, then it populates that you haven't established a "long" revolving credit history.

2) I have six credit inquiries listed on my file.  However, when I open up the "Inquiries" section of the MyFICO report, under "Inquiries that may be affecting your FICO score" only four are listed.  I thought these inquiries were significantly dragging down my score, but If they were, wouldn't they be listed as one of the negative factors on my report summary? For this, I would check with each bureau to make sure that your inquiries are the number. If MyFICO says you have 4 inquiries on that one bureau, I would believe it -- but that's just me, though. Maybe it just means they are the more recent ones, as you said. With regard to listing it as a negative, there is a zone that it would populate on someone's reasons, but apparently you aren't in that zone at this time. Remember how much percentage inquries affect a FICO score, as well. (So it wouldn't be a huge detriment to your score. Payment history is huge and age of accounts are as well, so those are more likely to be listed as reasons for most people.)

All in all, you have excellent credit. Good job! Keep it up and it will continue to climb with age. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.