cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimate bump on paid in full collection?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Estimate bump on paid in full collection?

My current Efax score is 635.

Two accounts:
1 Cap 1 Charge Off/Bad Debt from 9/2001, $1283
1 Citi Card, 2 years old, $10,300 Limit, $10 Balance, never late, always PIF or low balance

1 Medical Collection (IC Systems) I was paying off, when I checked the score it as listed as $693 original balance, $193 owed, now it was updated to PIF, $0 Balance.

Any idea how much the PIF will help?

Also, if I can get it off, how much that would help? I contacted the doc and actually offered to (and he accepted) pay the fees he incurred to collect (~$300) so hoping he can help with this.

Also, any idea how much being added to my parents 30 year excellent Amex as AU would be (I know, I know FICO 08 but let's discuss *that* if/when they do it and based on current scoring how much this might help).

Thanks!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Estimate bump on paid in full collection?

Truthfully -

I would not expect a change for paying the collection-
If the date updates it may actually LOWER your score.

This is why we push PFD on collections.

The AU is going to put you in a completly different bucket-
You are going to need to be PERFECT to keep a high score in this bucket.

nyccc2 wrote:
My current Efax score is 635.

Two accounts:
1 Cap 1 Charge Off/Bad Debt from 9/2001, $1283
1 Citi Card, 2 years old, $10,300 Limit, $10 Balance, never late, always PIF or low balance

1 Medical Collection (IC Systems) I was paying off, when I checked the score it as listed as $693 original balance, $193 owed, now it was updated to PIF, $0 Balance.

Any idea how much the PIF will help?

Also, if I can get it off, how much that would help? I contacted the doc and actually offered to (and he accepted) pay the fees he incurred to collect (~$300) so hoping he can help with this.

Also, any idea how much being added to my parents 30 year excellent Amex as AU would be (I know, I know FICO 08 but let's discuss *that* if/when they do it and based on current scoring how much this might help).

Thanks!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.