Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimate of trimerge scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Estimate of trimerge scores

Hello all,

When a mortgage company pulls a trimerge report and score, what scoring model is used to get the Equifax, Transunion and Experian scores? 

What is the best estimate of your tri merge scores that you can access online?  I pulled all three reports and scores from Truecredit.com, but I believe they are all Vantage scores and not FICO scores.  I am trying to get an idea of what my middle score is since the bank told me they pull a trimerge, throw out the high and low and use the middle to qualify you for loans. 

Thanks,

Shawn   

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Estimate of trimerge scores

Hi Shawn.

The best you can try to replicate this process is by buying two FICO scores yourself. Experian doesn't sell its FICO scores to consumers any longer, so most people ultimately have to get that score from their lender.

Equifax: You can buy your EQ FICO here at myFICO or directly from Equifax. This will usually match the EQ FICO from a trimerge report.

TransUnion: You can buy your TU FICO here at myFICO or directly from transunioncs.com (note the 'cs'). It is likely this TU FICO won't match the one from the trimerge report. What you can buy is the TU98, and many lenders use the TU04, which we can't buy.

It's frustrating. I know. The best thing to do is to pull all three of your reports and the two FICO scores. Then, come back to the forum with where you stand and ask questions. Lots of help here if you need it. Good luck!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.