Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ex-Spouse filing Ch 7 and is still on the mortgage

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ex-Spouse filing Ch 7 and is still on the mortgage

My ex has already filed Ch 7.  The only debt we had together was our house.  He moved out and I have been paying the mortgage and prepared a quit claim deed.  I also qualified under the HAMP program which has given me a 2% rate on my mtg.  Without it, I cannot afford the pmts.  I have maintained my credit score but was informed by Chase that the loan will show up as "involved in bankruptcy" on my credit report.  I was hoping you could help in terms of the effect to my credit which is now at 721.  All pmts on the mtg are current.  They tell me I can file an assumption and have his name removed, but I am guessing it is too late since he has already inculded it in his bankruptcy which is well in progress.  In addition, it will cost about $1,500.

Any thoughts?  Thanks so much for any help you might be able to offer:-)

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ex-Spouse filing Ch 7 and is still on the mortgage

Locking this thread redirecting to an identical post on the mortgage board.  Please do not cross-post on multiple boards.  Thank you.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Ex-Spouse-filing-Ch-7-and-is-still-on-the-mortgage/m-...

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.