cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expanded "FICO High Achievers" (scores of 760 and above) characteristics list

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Expanded "FICO High Achievers" (scores of 760 and above) characteristics list

@LilyBee wrote:

I was about to check my FICO scores, but MYFICO is offering the option of getting either Equifax or TransUnion, for $19.95.  Why not buy one, get one free, like grocery stores?  Smiley HappySmiley Happy  

If not, which is the better score to get; i.e., which one do creditors usually check?  I'd rather get both scores, but not at the current price for one.  Anyone know when the sale price for scores will be available?  I'm getting cheap in my later years.

Smiley Happy MyFICO has to pay a fee to the CRAs each time you pull a report, so they probably don't offer that because they'd lose with each pull. There are occassional discount codes. In fact one was just on here and expired a couple days ago. Continually check this site, FB, and Twitter for updates. They offer them a few times each year. Also if you are a subscriber to TUQM you get 20% off future reports. If you have SW, you get 30% off.

YMMV on the creditors. They each have their on preferences on what to pull. 

Message 421 of 474
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Expanded "FICO High Achievers" (scores of 760 and above) characteristics list

I just got my score for the first time on the free trail and it was 785.  Now my question is the score that they are showing my on myfico.com accurte to the score that say a bank will run for a mortgage ? Cause i used Freecreditreport.com and the score was pretty much the same, i just wanted to make sure that this is the accurate score cause i know some people say that Freecreditreport.com score is not accurate. 

thanks.

Message 422 of 474
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got my score for the first time on the free trail and it was 785.  Now my question is the score that they are showing my on myfico.com accurte to the score that say a bank will run for a mortgage ? Cause i used Freecreditreport.com and the score was pretty much the same, i just wanted to make sure that this is the accurate score cause i know some people say that Freecreditreport.com score is not accurate. 

thanks.

Freecredit report is accurate to within 200 points of your actual FICO.  If the two scores were close, then it was just by chance.  Which score did you pull here?  TU or EQ.  Both of them offered here are FICO scores, and should be about what your mortgage pull would be.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 423 of 474
HiLine
Blogger

I don't know if anyone has asked this:

On what scoring model is the 760 benchmark based?

Message 424 of 474
Anonymous
Not applicable

the score that i put up her is the (Equifax FICO® score) thats shows up when i logged in. 

Message 425 of 474
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

That is a FICO/Beacon 5.0 score.  The same exact one a lender would pull for a mortgage.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 426 of 474
LilyBee
Regular Contributor

By the way, there are two categories in the Forum that are similar, this one:  Expanded "FICO High Achievers" (Scores of 760 and above);  and the other:  "Those with at least one score of 760."

Seems a bit redundant to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting scores:2007 - TU-850; EX-850; EQ-850. JUNE 11, 2015 - TU-850; EX-850, EQ-850 - Also FICO 8.
LATEST SCORES: EQ: 850; TU: 850; EX: 850; FICO 9 - AS OF MARCH 7, 2016

LATEST SCORES AS OF Nov. 24, /2016 - TU- 850; EQ - 846; EX - 836.- Smiley Sad
Scores as of June 1, 2017: EQ - 842; TU 841; EX - 842;
SCORES as of April 19, 2018: EQ - 834; TU - 841; EX - 832.
New numbers will be posted in 2021
Message 427 of 474
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@LilyBee wrote:

By the way, there are two categories in the Forum that are similar, this one:  Expanded "FICO High Achievers" (Scores of 760 and above);  and the other:  "Those with at least one score of 760."

Seems a bit redundant to me.

I noticed that the first thread was active even at the time the second thread started up. Don't the moderators catch that kind of stuff? Smiley Surprised Smiley Tongue Smiley Very Happy But seriously, the redundancy pushes regular threads below the screen, and that's the worst of it, I think.

Message 428 of 474
Anonymous
Not applicable

Long time Fico score watcher, first time on this forum though. I'm working on my wife's FICO. My score is fine though, sitting at 817. From what I gather it's considered very low risk from what I am seeing in these forums Smiley Tongue

Message 429 of 474
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I qualify  HIGH 775 until mortgage lender runs it then I take a -50 point hit.

Message 430 of 474
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.