cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expanded "FICO High Achievers" (scores of 760 and above) characteristics list

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Expanded "FICO High Achievers" (scores of 760 and above) characteristics list

Excellent scores for a 23-year-old! --or for anyone, for that matter.

All of us with left-over reminders on our reports of past mistakes envy those who've done it right, from the beginning. Smiley Tongue

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 341 of 474
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Re: Expanded "FICO High Achievers" (scores of 760 and above) characteristics list

@LilyBee wrote:

In any event, I did receive a good rate and the increase is miniscule.  So the refinancing is satisfactory; I just don't like my score going down, even for a little while, for no good reason.

There's a lot to be said for a good rate! We just locked ours, for a 15 year fixed refinance as well, and are happy with the rate we got. We don't know anything about shopping around, but our mortgage broker does of course.

You're right. The lender that gets picked can make a difference in thousands of dollars. What I was trying to say yesterday is that higher scores yield less rate difference above a certain point. And sometimes lenders use a matrix of FICO scores and LTV (loan-to-value).

Your scores are temporarily a bit lower, but you know what your TU 04 and EX are. Smiley Very Happy

Message 342 of 474
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Imua wrote:
i use bank of america's 'privacy assist" credit report monitoring service and get all 3 fico scores, including experian, through them (quarterly). i'm excited because i just received my 3rd quarter report, and have 2 scores above 800!

EQ 804 / TU 802 / EX 781

I'm reasonably sure that these are NOT FICO's, but FAKO's. Smiley Sad To my knowledge, BofA is not one of the very, very few banks that provide EX FICO's to their members, or any FICO's at all, for that matter.

Check the fine print. It's generally down at the very bottom, in size 0.0001 font, in the palest of grey.

Nevertheless, if your FAKO's are that high, your FICO's should be very good as well!

today i just pulled my FICO for EQ.  it's 810!  i'm totally happy  Smiley Very Happy   it seems to correlate well with BoA privacy assist scores

(i pulled that score via a free trial for myfico scorewatch - the link to the free trial was on the fox business website)

Message 343 of 474
BaddebtKing
New Contributor

I don't know if it's OK if I post this in this thread or not.... From a 646 in JAN to 763 in NOV.

Too bad that is based on a 12+ year old scoring model, 1 or 2 scoring models BEHIND what lenders use!

Starting Score: EQ 730 -- TU 763
Current Score: EQ 764 -- Walmart TU FICO 9/6/11 775
Goal Score: EQ 800 -- TU 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 344 of 474
JaseT
Established Contributor

YAY! I'm a FICO High Achiever now!  Smiley Very Happy

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 345 of 474
LilyBee
Regular Contributor

Congratulations, JaseT.  Makes one feel good, doesn't it?

Moderator:  In another matter, I checked my TransUnion score (what's with the TrueCredit response to a TransUnion request?), and it is listed as a Grade A, with a 962 Score.

I also checked with Equifax (824), and Experian (790), and have those scores on their websites.  The three scores were provided through a "free trial offer," which I will cancel within 7 days.  Why the large disparities with MyFico scores? 

Does MyFico have any good deals yet for checking the three scores?  Getting the "annual credit report" is essentially useless without the credit scores. 

My goal for December 2010, was 825; but it looks like that's pretty much shot by now with such variant scores.  Even if I average them (for no real reason), I get a strange 858, which is a no count score.  Smiley Mad

I'm really not complaining much; the inconsistency is just a bit annoying.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting scores:2007 - TU-850; EX-850; EQ-850. JUNE 11, 2015 - TU-850; EX-850, EQ-850 - Also FICO 8.
LATEST SCORES: EQ: 850; TU: 850; EX: 850; FICO 9 - AS OF MARCH 7, 2016

LATEST SCORES AS OF Nov. 24, /2016 - TU- 850; EQ - 846; EX - 836.- Smiley Sad
Scores as of June 1, 2017: EQ - 842; TU 841; EX - 842;
SCORES as of April 19, 2018: EQ - 834; TU - 841; EX - 832.
New numbers will be posted in 2021
Message 346 of 474
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@LilyBee wrote:

Moderator:  In another matter, I checked my TransUnion score (what's with the TrueCredit response to a TransUnion request?), and it is listed as a Grade A, with a 962 Score. That is a VantageScore not a FICO score and can't be compared in anyway to a FICO score. They use different categories and different formulas than FICO. Also the score range for VS is 501-990 whereas the range for FICO is 300-850.

I also checked with Equifax (824), and Experian (790), and have those scores on their websites.  The three scores were provided through a "free trial offer," which I will cancel within 7 days.  Why the large disparities with MyFico scores?  The score you get at the Experian website is called a Plus score and is not a FICO score.  Equifax has a FICO score available but not as part of their new "Equifax Complete: product. To my knowledge there is no 3 in 1 monitoring service that sells FICO scores.

Does MyFico have any good deals yet for checking the three scores?  Getting the "annual credit report" is essentially useless without the credit scores. You can't get all 3 scores from myFICO. No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. One place is here at myFICO. I suggest you do an internet search for "myfico discount codes" to save a little money.

You can also purchase your Transunion score at www.transunioncs.com. As I said at www.equifax.com EQ will still sell you an EQ FICO score but they make it hard to find. 

My goal for December 2010, was 825; but it looks like that's pretty much shot by now with such variant scores.  Even if I average them (for no real reason), I get a strange 858, which is a no count score.  Smiley Mad

Message 347 of 474
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@LilyBee wrote:

Moderator:  In another matter, I checked my TransUnion score (what's with the TrueCredit response to a TransUnion request?), and it is listed as a Grade A, with a 962 Score.

I also checked with Equifax (824), and Experian (790), and have those scores on their websites.  The three scores were provided through a "free trial offer," which I will cancel within 7 days.  Why the large disparities with MyFico scores? 

Does MyFico have any good deals yet for checking the three scores?  Getting the "annual credit report" is essentially useless without the credit scores. 

Those are good scores. In all likelihood your true FICO scores are good as well. 962 Vantage is very good. 

Message 348 of 474
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

@psychic wrote:

Being a "FICO High Achiever" can also be very monotonous!

Some things never change:

EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 349 of 474
LilyBee
Regular Contributor

Hey, good deal.  Those are similar to my scores, except that my  Equifax is 824 (1/5/11).  These scores are consistencies that make one glad to have control of one's finances.  A goal to work toward.

Does anyone have 850 on this Forum board?  If so, congratulations. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting scores:2007 - TU-850; EX-850; EQ-850. JUNE 11, 2015 - TU-850; EX-850, EQ-850 - Also FICO 8.
LATEST SCORES: EQ: 850; TU: 850; EX: 850; FICO 9 - AS OF MARCH 7, 2016

LATEST SCORES AS OF Nov. 24, /2016 - TU- 850; EQ - 846; EX - 836.- Smiley Sad
Scores as of June 1, 2017: EQ - 842; TU 841; EX - 842;
SCORES as of April 19, 2018: EQ - 834; TU - 841; EX - 832.
New numbers will be posted in 2021
Message 350 of 474
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.