Reply
Super Contributor
marty56
Posts: 5,696
Registered: ‎10-06-2007
0

Re: Expanded "FICO High Achievers" (scores of 760 and above) characteristics list

I show 3% total util with 11% on 1 card reporting.  In 2 weeks it will show 1% util and 1% on card so I will be able to anser that question.
11/28/2014 FICO: EQ: 796 EX:788 TU:803
Frequent Contributor
Phoenix-rising
Posts: 474
Registered: ‎06-16-2008
0

Re: Expanded "FICO High Achievers" (scores of 760 and above) characteristics list

[ Edited ]
I didn't see this in the list of characteristics, but it shows up as my number 1 negative:
 

The amount owed on your revolving accounts is too high.
 
Your FICO score evaluates how much you owe on your revolving accounts (such as your credit cards). The amount you owe on these accounts is too high.
 
Most FICO High Achievers owe less than $600 on revolving accounts such as credit cards and department store cards.

 
 
I have a long way to go to get it under $600.


Message Edited by Phoenix-rising on 07-04-2008 07:11 PM
DH's FICOS: July '08 TU-661 / EQ-593 / EX-656 --> April '09 TU-730 / EQ-705 / EX-685

MY FICOS: July '08 TU-735 / EQ-727 / EX-767 --> April '09 TU-789 / EQ-774 / EX-767
Senior Contributor
smallfry
Posts: 4,831
Registered: ‎04-20-2007
0

Re: Expanded "FICO High Achievers" (scores of 760 and above) characteristics list



Phoenix-rising wrote:
I didn't see this in the list of characteristics, but it shows up as my number 1 negative:

The amount owed on your revolving accounts is too high.
Your FICO score evaluates how much you owe on your revolving accounts (such as your credit cards). The amount you owe on these accounts is too high.
Most FICO High Achievers owe less than $600 on revolving accounts such as credit cards and department store cards.

I have a long way to go to get it under $600.


Message Edited by Phoenix-rising on 07-04-2008 07:11 PM


What is your utilization on revolving?
Frequent Contributor
Phoenix-rising
Posts: 474
Registered: ‎06-16-2008
0

Re: Expanded "FICO High Achievers" (scores of 760 and above) characteristics list



smallfry wrote:


Phoenix-rising wrote:
I didn't see this in the list of characteristics, but it shows up as my number 1 negative:

The amount owed on your revolving accounts is too high.
Your FICO score evaluates how much you owe on your revolving accounts (such as your credit cards). The amount you owe on these accounts is too high.
Most FICO High Achievers owe less than $600 on revolving accounts such as credit cards and department store cards.

I have a long way to go to get it under $600.


Message Edited by Phoenix-rising on 07-04-2008 07:11 PM


What is your utilization on revolving?

 
My UT is negative item #3.
 
You've made heavy use of your available revolving credit.
 
It was 35% on June 16.  After my accounts update this month that number should drop a little since I got $6k in CLIs and paid down $4k.
DH's FICOS: July '08 TU-661 / EQ-593 / EX-656 --> April '09 TU-730 / EQ-705 / EX-685

MY FICOS: July '08 TU-735 / EQ-727 / EX-767 --> April '09 TU-789 / EQ-774 / EX-767
New Member
carscheles
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎07-05-2008
0

Re: Expanded "FICO High Achievers" (scores of 760 and above) characteristics list

My EQ score is 763 but I'm being "hurt" by opening a new account in the past 3 months (student loan for my son).  How many points do you think my score went down by opening that account?  It's not like I had much choice anyway but I'm curious.
Senior Contributor
smallfry
Posts: 4,831
Registered: ‎04-20-2007
0

Re: Expanded "FICO High Achievers" (scores of 760 and above) characteristics list



Phoenix-rising wrote:


smallfry wrote:


Phoenix-rising wrote:
I didn't see this in the list of characteristics, but it shows up as my number 1 negative:

The amount owed on your revolving accounts is too high.
Your FICO score evaluates how much you owe on your revolving accounts (such as your credit cards). The amount you owe on these accounts is too high.
Most FICO High Achievers owe less than $600 on revolving accounts such as credit cards and department store cards.

I have a long way to go to get it under $600.


Message Edited by Phoenix-rising on 07-04-2008 07:11 PM


What is your utilization on revolving?

My UT is negative item #3.
You've made heavy use of your available revolving credit.
It was 35% on June 16. After my accounts update this month that number should drop a little since I got $6k in CLIs and paid down $4k.



You would see an enormous improvement if you got the utilization under 9%.
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: Expanded "FICO High Achievers" (scores of 760 and above) characteristics list


carscheles wrote:
My EQ score is 763 but I'm being "hurt" by opening a new account in the past 3 months (student loan for my son). How many points do you think my score went down by opening that account? It's not like I had much choice anyway but I'm curious.


Hi, welcome to the forums!

You could have easily lost up to 20 points, simply because your scores are so high.

For those of us muddling around in lower score ranges, we typically don't get penalized as much as those in the 760+ range. But if the loan is three months old, your scores are already moving back up. The speed will depend on other things, such as what your average credit history age is. If it's relatively high, the new account wouldn't have dropped it much, and you're mainly getting penalized for having a new account (under 1 year old.) But if your average age was low (unlikely, with your scores and having a college-aged son), a new account will hurt more.

As I have experienced, to my sadness! :smileyvery-happy:
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Senior Contributor
smallfry
Posts: 4,831
Registered: ‎04-20-2007
0

Re: Expanded "FICO High Achievers" (scores of 760 and above) characteristics list

Someone over at CB lost 47 points from 802 on EQ for 1 new account showing.
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: Expanded "FICO High Achievers" (scores of 760 and above) characteristics list



smallfry wrote:
Someone over at CB lost 47 points from 802 on EQ for 1 new account showing.


I lost 74 on EX, starting from 749, but that was on, ummmm, 6 new accounts reporting. :smileyvery-happy:
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Senior Contributor
smallfry
Posts: 4,831
Registered: ‎04-20-2007
0

Re: Expanded "FICO High Achievers" (scores of 760 and above) characteristics list



haulingthescoreup wrote:


smallfry wrote:
Someone over at CB lost 47 points from 802 on EQ for 1 new account showing.


I lost 74 on EX, starting from 749, but that was on, ummmm, 6 new accounts reporting. :smileyvery-happy:




It should be interesting. He did a few more apps. It seems low average age is not the only criteria for scoring and new accounts. Once your score gets into the stratosphere it might be best to sit tight with what you have unless its a card you just must have. That poster's average age was well over 12 years.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}