cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expanded "FICO High Achievers" (scores of 760 and above) characteristics list

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Expanded "FICO High Achievers" (scores of 760 and above) characteristics list

Just wanted to provide another example of not needing to have a mortgage to be in the 800s [although I will likely get a mortgage in the next year or two-- kinda scary to think about!] I do have a cc w/15 years of age (I'm in my 30s).

Just a side note to HTSU, MV, Timothy, Fused (+ others who've posted a bunch): I just started posting but have read mucho, mucho, mucho on these boards and REALLY appreciate all of the wonderful, insightful, humourous, knowledgeable posts you've posted. I really appreciate all of the energy you put into helping others. Thanks so much!! Smiley Happy
Message 21 of 474
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Expanded "FICO High Achievers" (scores of 760 and above) characteristics list

We're glad you're here, and I know the others would also say thanks for the kind comments.

As an 800+'er, prepare to have your brain picked! Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 22 of 474
Anonymous
Not applicable

More than happy to answer any questions..... but can't promise anything close to "Posts: 3731" (and counting) Smiley Happy)
Message 23 of 474
Anonymous
Not applicable

htsu- thanks so much for posting all of these characteristics, I have previously been recording them too but definitely didn't have as many as you and I think they are so helpful.

I am wondering about the '$1200 balance on non-mortgage account'; this one has always struck me as strangely low, especially when considering outstanding auto loans. I googled 'fico high achiever balance' and saw this (on the 3rd entry): "FICO® High Achievers [?] have an average total balance of $5000 on non-mortgage accounts." I've never seen this anywhere else but it does come from an official example from myfico. What do you think?
Message 24 of 474
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I think it's very weird, too. I know that FICO had to use historical data to create their scoring model, and so there is some built-in datedness, but it's as if FICO High Achievers were two-thirds of the way through financing their Dodge Darts.

FWIW, installment just doesn't carry that much weight in scoring. It's nice that it's there, and presumably you would lose some points for three $30+K car loans, but there's no way in these days of student loans and expensive cars that these figures would hold.

One guess: maybe they're actually referring to small personal loans?

By the way, Midnight Voice started this list long ago. I wound up having a different set of comments, being far below him in scores and far ahead of him in lates, so I wound up merging my list into his, and then searching the forums for any other comments, and glued it all together. God bless copy/ paste! If you still have that $5000 comment handy, could you please c/p it here? I'd like to add it to the list. thanks!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 25 of 474
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

This is very interesting. Thanks for replying fico 800's and congrats to you guys/gals! Hauling please pick brains for more info! Smiley Wink
Message 26 of 474
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhh, the true secret to HA status: Go back in time and finance a Dart with a 25 year loan!! Smiley Happy Btw, would someone tell me how to make the smiley with the big/open mouth? Thanks

Great, then many thanks to MV for initially compiling this list. Here is an exact quote:

Your FICO® score considers how much you owe on your credit accounts, such as revolving credit accounts [?] and non-mortgage installment loans [?]. Generally, the more you owe on these accounts, the greater risk you pose to lenders.

FICO® High Achievers [?] have an average total balance of $5000 on non-mortgage accounts.
Message 27 of 474
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Thanks for the quote! I will add it to the list.

Bet you're on Firefox. If you ever log on through Internet Explorer, you'll see an array of goodies, including a graphical editor with smilies. We get a spell check!

Anyway, I'm going to list the symbols and how you create them in FF. I have to put in spaces, or they'll just convert again, but when you do them, leave out the spaces.

Smiley Happy : )
Smiley Wink ; )
Smiley Tongue : P
Smiley Very Happy : D
Smiley Mad :smiley mad:
Smiley Indifferent : | (on my laptop, this is the shift up on the \ key --it looks like two tiny vertical lines, one atop the other)
Message 28 of 474
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, thanks so much; yep, on Firefox. Ok, let me take one for a spin:

So a guy walks into the library and says to the librarian: "I'd like a coke, some fries, and a big burger."

Librarian says: "SIR, you are in a library!!!"

Guy: [cowering and lowering his voice to a wisper]: "Oh, sorrrrrry....... I'd like a coke, some fries, and a big burger."

Smiley Very Happy

or maybe: Smiley Mad

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Message 29 of 474
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Woman Wink
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 30 of 474
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.