Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expected Fico Score Change?

tag
Charlington
Established Member

Expected Fico Score Change?

An erroneous collection for $148 was just deleted from my EQ report. My score did not barge. I find this very interesting, if not outrightly unfair. 

When the collection was placed on my EQ credit report, my score unceremoniously plummeted. I lost points when the CA hit me, and I gained nothing

when it was taken off. What gives 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
907grown
Established Contributor

Re: Expected Fico Score Change?

Just the way it is with FICO.  You must also have other collections.  Believe me, due to my old spending ways, when I started on this credit control journey Ihad 47 collections and 1 judgement on my EQ. report, today, I have 3, 44 collections wiped away, and the judgement is gone, did not affect my score by even 1 point. Now, I have learned on these forms that if I can talk the CA's into a PFD, my score will go up a bit with no collections reporting and no public records.

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 2 of 5
Charlington
Established Member

Ouch. 47 collections....My goodness. And i though i had it bad. Well, congrats on almost wiping them out. keep it up. Nice to know theres hope. Thanks for letting me know. Atleast now i know not to raise my hopes for a score increase when a CA agrees to delete. I have a bunch more to go. I have AFNI, ASSET, NCO, REMIT and COLLECTIONS UNLIMITED. They are just (absolutely) hounding me. I need them all gone. How do i take them off?. Did u ever have to deal with any of the above CA's?. How did you get them to delete ?... and how did you remove the judgement?
Message 3 of 5
907grown
Established Contributor

Have not dealt with any of them.  If I could not recall having the collection listed on the report, I disputed them.  I also found some that were not mine, disputed them and they were removed.  Called the collection agency and said hey I want to pay this much on this many, but I will not pay them if you will not delete them.  The CA is local to my state, not national, and they just wanted to collect the cash....  They were very agreeable, within 30 days the collections were gone. Good luck

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 4 of 5
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@nyankovic wrote:
Just the way it is with FICO.  You must also have other collections.  Believe me, due to my old spending ways, when I started on this credit control journey Ihad 47 collections and 1 judgement on my EQ. report, today, I have 3, 44 collections wiped away, and the judgement is gone, did not affect my score by even 1 point. Now, I have learned on these forms that if I can talk the CA's into a PFD, my score will go up a bit with no collections reporting and no public records.

That is freakin' amazing!!!!!!!  Smiley Surprised  You deserve the gold star for getting all those removed....whether they were yours or not!!!

Congrats on that!!!!!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.