cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Consumer Number? Any such thing? (ANSWER = NO!!)

tag
Desert-Rat
Regular Contributor

Experian Consumer Number? Any such thing? (ANSWER = NO!!)

Warning: This may be confusing....  lol

EX is reporting zip, zilch, nada, -0- for me at this point altho they previously reported 1 TL of 19-20 reported on EQ and TU.  I'd like to clean this up but my fuse is a little short at the moment.  (The 1 TL they were reporting is a 30 day late that I attempted to GW with Citi.  Instead of just denying the GW, Citi disputed the item with the CRA's.) I need to get that off!  I hate Citi!  Smiley Mad

While organizing my garage this past weekend I found a box of paperwork.  Among a lot of junk I found and old credit report (1/27/97) obtained thru "Credentials", a credit monitoring company I subscribed to, that has an "Experian Consumer Number" listed, with no correlation to my "Credentials" account number.

Could this be the key in getting my TL's and score back?  Were these numbers assigned on day one of our credit history with Experian?  If so, it should still be good, right???  And like magic, would clear this mess up??

Any info greatly appreciated!

D-R

Message Edited by Desert-Rat on 08-13-2009 10:29 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Experian Consumer Number? Any such thing?

Yes, it is confusing!

If FICO is no longer provdiing you a score based on your EX credit report, that indicates that EQ no longer has an account in your CR that has at least six months of credit history.  I think you realize that.

CITI does not control how long a CRA maintains closed accounts in your credit file.  The FCRA does not even regulate that.

That is up to the CRA.

So back up for a second.

When was the account with CITI closed?  Most CRAs will delete an OC account after 10 years from the date it was closed,but again, this is not regulated.

I see no magic bullet to get this account back into your credit file.

IMHO, it is totally up to CITI how they want to handle this account.  I see no improper action by anyone.

Message Edited by RobertEG on 08-12-2009 03:49 AM
Message 2 of 3
Desert-Rat
Regular Contributor

Re: Experian Consumer Number? Any such thing? (ANSWER= NO!!!)

Robert,

Thanks for your reply. 

I didn't mean to imply there was anything improper.  I'm glad the old Citi account still reports,  I had forgotten about it.  It's not a negative, great CL, -0- balance, paid as agreed altho closed by grantor. (in-activity)  I only have one negative in a 35+ yr history which I tried and failed to GW.  A crappy 30 day on a HD/Citi card, which is 4yrs old.  I realize that this has little affect on my score, I just wanted that dang red flag gone!

Yes, it's confusing.  I bit the bullet and called EX yesterday.  They are doing an internal investigation to locate my credit files which may take 45 days.  (I have 19-20 TL's reporting on TU and EQ with excellent scores.)

When I said I could get NOTHING on EX, it means:  I cannot even get a report.  They have NO TL's for me.

Keep in mind that I'm paying 3 mtgs, have a HELOC, 3 or 4 CC's which I use regularly in addition to some "consumer-closed" CC's,  a few store cards, open even tho some of the stores are now defunct, closed auto installments, etc., etc., all paid as agreed.  I've moved one time in 36 years and had the same phone number for 45 years!  (only now, we have to dial all the numbers instead of the last 4.. lol)  See why I'm confused??

Somehow this history is lost, split, misplaced, ?, at EX, and I wasn't even aware of it until I pulled from ACR.com after being questioned about EX by a Lender.  I had never checked my scores... never had a need to.  I asked for credit and it was always granted.  (with one exception: Sears, in the 60's)

As for Citi and the expired card, I called them yesterday also to try to re-open that card.  The CSR found the account and history.  Don't know if this statement is worth it's salt but she stated: "you should receive your new cards in 7-10 days".  It remains to be seen how that works out.... It'll have a 12 yr history so EX should give me at least one TL!!   Smiley Wink

Worst case scenario: Citi sees all those dang inquiries for mortgage shopping and tells me to get lost. Smiley Very Happy I can live with it either way.

Have a great day!

D-R

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.