Regular Contributor
krisosa

Experian Credit Score

I pulled my EXP score on Experian.com, how many points can I give or take to determine possibly what my real score could be?

ty!

Equifax 657
Experian 711 (Per Lender)
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: Experian Credit Score

[ Edited ]
There is no reliable formula whatsoever to convert any FAKO to a FICO.

It could be higher, it could be lower, it could be off be a tiny or huge margin, and I suppose it's always possible that it could (accidentally) be the same.

edited to clarify that there are probably a bunch of formulae out there, but none work consistently for everyone all the time, so they're about as worthless as the FAKO's themselves.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 04-07-2009 04:20 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Regular Contributor
krisosa

Experian

wow! 

thanks for ur help!

Equifax 657
Established Member
mike3366

Re: Experian

I recently pulled my score from EX -684.  I then applied for mortgage refi and they said my EX was 673.  So for me there was a 9 point negative swing.

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

To add, your FICO can go up and your FAKO through EX could go down for the same thing. One of my last CAs was removed leaving 0 CAs remaining at that time, and my EX FICO (when we could pull it) jumped 58 points. My EX FAKO via EX's PLUS score (same as on EX.com) dropped 8 points when pulled on the same day and same time. As an other example, a new CA appeared and later disappeared, but my EX FICO dropped 103 points. My EX PLUS FAKO score dropped only 60 or so. There's no correlation.
Regular Contributor
krisosa

Hi,

Thanks alot everyone.  This is really helping me.

K-

Equifax 657

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}