Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian FICO

tag
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

Re: Experian FICO

@pizzadude wrote:
Wow !!! Congrats, that's fantastic !! Does your EX report show older tradelines or other info that isn't on the other two?

My EX score is also considerably higher than my other scores.  Notably, my EX report does include a lot of older TLs (some +7 years old) that are not included on my EQ or TU.  

Message 11 of 21
dulce
New Visitor

ok so what is the point of having your fico score? if "most lenders use Fico 04" what is it I see on myFico?what kind of model- how do we know what model a lender pulls can that be asked of teh lender ahead of time? the difference between 629 and 585 is huge! am I just deceiving myself by belonging to this- if it's about monitoring my credit report for accurate information then I could just do that at Equifax's website for less...

<script type="text/javascript">// var vglnk = { api_url: '//api.viglink.com/api', key: 'a187ca0f52aa99eb8b5c172d5d93c05b' }; // </script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js"></script>
Message 12 of 21
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@dulce wrote:

ok so what is the point of having your fico score? if "most lenders use Fico 04" what is it I see on myFico?what kind of model- how do we know what model a lender pulls can that be asked of teh lender ahead of time? the difference between 629 and 585 is huge! am I just deceiving myself by belonging to this- if it's about monitoring my credit report for accurate information then I could just do that at Equifax's website for less...

<script type="text/javascript">// var vglnk = { api_url: '//api.viglink.com/api', key: 'a187ca0f52aa99eb8b5c172d5d93c05b' }; // </script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js"></script>

Overall, I have found a lot of useful information in these forums which have enabled me to slowly rebuild my credit scores to an acceptable level.  The forums have been an invaluable supplement..  In regards to my FICO scores, I have learned to simply use the information as a baseline.  As I employ different things learned in the forums, it is satisfying to watch the upward trajectory of my scores.  

Indubitably, I agree.  It would be nice to see a post which details which variation of FICO or other scoring models that the bigger enders/creditors use.  

Message 13 of 21
Tilden10

I have the same problem. My experience fico was 676, when pulled by a lender using corelogic it was 629. Equifax & Transition matched exactly. It is odd.

Message 14 of 21
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

It depends on what version they pull.  I know Amex pulled the same EX as I have here.  Some of the others do too.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 15 of 21
Tilden10

Thanks for the reply, I thought something was not right, your anwer helped.

Message 16 of 21
smartcreadit
New Visitor

Is Experian and My fico working together again. Can I buy my experian fico score thru my fico?

Message 17 of 21
user5387
Valued Contributor

@smartcreadit wrote:

Is Experian and My fico working together again. Can I buy my experian fico score thru my fico?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/EX-08-questions/td-p/2785967

Message 18 of 21
smartcreadit
New Visitor

My question is can you now buy and access your experian score on my fico website. In 2009 experian ended there contract with my Fico

Message 19 of 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

@smartcreadit wrote:

My question is can you now buy and access your experian score on my fico website. In 2009 experian ended there contract with my Fico

Yes you can as of about July/August 2013 new contract in effect 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.