Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Fako vs Experian FICO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian Fako vs Experian FICO

How different are Fako and FICO scores? How similar do the scores usually run?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Experian Fako vs Experian FICO

You can't really tell. For instance, I've had my creditkarma score be the same as my TU FICO from walmart, but now they're miles apart. It all depends on how the score is calculated, and you never really know how a FAKO score is calculated. It may weigh things vastly differently than a FICO version, and therefore you can never really tell just how much they differ. 

FWIW though, my creditsesame score is usually pretty similar to my TU FICO from walmart (although they pull different reports) 

Message 2 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

My rule in the FAKO vs FICO scores is +/- 200 points.  There's just no telling what a FAKO is going to throw at you.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 9
HiLine
Blogger

How different are fake Gucci bags from original Gucci bags? There's just no way to tell.

Message 4 of 9
clkhome01
Established Member

Hello all,   so I am connected with Score sense site, which

gives all (3) scores also.... should I give them up, and stay with myFICO only?

Want to take it Higher!
Message 5 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@clkhome01 wrote:

Hello all,   so I am connected with Score sense site, which

gives all (3) scores also.... should I give them up, and stay with myFICO only?

Lenders don't use the scores on that site, but the report info should help you in any credit journey.

Message 6 of 9
clkhome01
Established Member

I'm so lost... please help!   I went to Experian website to get my credit score....r you saying this is a FAKO score? 

Want to take it Higher!
Message 7 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@clkhome01 wrote:

I'm so lost... please help!   I went to Experian website to get my credit score....r you saying this is a FAKO score? 

Unfortunately, yes.

You're limited on the places to get your FICO score.

You can only buy your EQ FICO from myFICO, your lender, or from Equifax.com (buyer beware: the scores they push are a FAKO, but your EQ FICO can be purchased through EQ).

You can only buy your TU FICO from myFICO or your lender.

Finally, you can only buy your EX FICO from your lender. As of a few years ago, Experian blocked consumer access to your own EX FICO.

Aside from the above, you can also get your FICO scores for free or at a reduced price. Banks and CUs will offer it as a benefit. M&T Bank, Unitus Community Credit Union, and Digital Credit Union each offer an EQ FICO. You can get your TU FICO from Wal-Mart or Merrick Bank if you have CCs with them. And you can get your EX FICO from PA State Employees Credit Union (PSECU) if you have a checking account with them. There are other CUs out there that will offer a FICO if you ask them as part of a benefit for being a member.

Message 8 of 9
clkhome01
Established Member

Thank you so much....

Want to take it Higher!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.