Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Fico jumped 25 points.... why?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian Fico jumped 25 points.... why?

So my Experian FICO score jumped from 636 to 661 between May 29th and June 1st.  The only difference is my utilization went from slightly under 3% to a little more than 1%.  No inquiries or anything like that fell off, and I have a bunch of new open accounts.  I also have a late payment/chargeoff that I'm still trying to dispute.  Nothing has come of my disputes yet, but the time since it occured went from 3 years and 5 months to 3 years and 6 months.  Is there some signfigance to that timeframe that made the difference?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian Fico jumped 25 points.... why?

@Anonymous wrote:

So my Experian FICO score jumped from 636 to 661 between May 29th and June 1st.  The only difference is my utilization went from slightly under 3% to a little more than 1%.  No inquiries or anything like that fell off, and I have a bunch of new open accounts.  I also have a late payment/chargeoff that I'm still trying to dispute.  Nothing has come of my disputes yet, but the time since it occured went from 3 years and 5 months to 3 years and 6 months.  Is there some signfigance to that timeframe that made the difference?

Did you recently file the dispute?  The 3 yrs, 5 or 6 months wouldn't make any difference.  Even a small utilization drop can cause your scores rise as well.  It's always difficult to pin an exact cause or drop on any specific event.  

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Without looking at your credit profile, it will be hard to determine.  But it is likely your utilization that caused it... This chart should help you on how the score is determined..

Unknown.jpg

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you recently file the dispute?  The 3 yrs, 5 or 6 months wouldn't make any difference.  Even a small utilization drop can cause your scores rise as well.  It's always difficult to pin an exact cause or drop on any specific event.  

Interesting.  I wouldn't think a ~$1,000 utilization change on almost $100k of credit would make much of a difference when it was that low in the first place.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is baffling indeed. But maybe this time just take the win. Smiley Very Happy

Congrats on the increase anyway.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That is baffling indeed. But maybe this time just take the win. Smiley Very Happy

Congrats on the increase anyway.

I'm definitely not complaining, especiallly since my EQ score just jumped 20 points to 701.  That's the first time since I've actually cared/checked my credit that it's been over 700, although I sure it's been up there in the past.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

1% overall util is very influential

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.