Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Reporting - So Confused

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian Reporting - So Confused

I had some late payments with Amazon Synchrony that were reversed and removed. They are showing up as completely gone on TU and EQ but EX is showing one 30day late in August. So the other ones were removed all except that one? When I tried to talk to Synchrony about it I got nowhere. Should I dispute? I'm worried that it might open back up and all the removed lates will resurface...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian Reporting - So Confused

When were they removed from EQ and TU?  Recently?  I give CRAs 45-60 days to fully update goodwilled lates.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, they were removed earlier last week. It just doesn't make sense that Experian would update all of the other ones showing 30 days late but just leave one?

@Anonymous wrote:

When were they removed from EQ and TU?  Recently?  I give CRAs 45-60 days to fully update goodwilled lates.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who knows how it's done with E-OSCAR and other reporting intermediaries.  Some lenders don't report direct, they use a third party.

One of my lenders removed many lates from an open and active credit card for me this year.  I had 150D lates, plus all the ones leading up to it.  At one point, my 30D and 60D disappeared but the bigger ones stayed which made my credit history totally bogus for 5-7 days when the other lates were removed.  No idea why it happend that way.

Practice more patience here and give it 45-60 days and see what happens then.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you and wise words, patience isn't definitely required dealing with credit!

@Anonymous wrote:

Who knows how it's done with E-OSCAR and other reporting intermediaries.  Some lenders don't report direct, they use a third party.

One of my lenders removed many lates from an open and active credit card for me this year.  I had 150D lates, plus all the ones leading up to it.  At one point, my 30D and 60D disappeared but the bigger ones stayed which made my credit history totally bogus for 5-7 days when the other lates were removed.  No idea why it happend that way.

Practice more patience here and give it 45-60 days and see what happens then.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.