Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Score FINALLY MOVED!!!!!

tag
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

Experian Score FINALLY MOVED!!!!!

My experian score has not really moved in a year, it might move either 3 to 4 points in either direction, but no more even when both equifax and transunion increased. I know I was in a bucket, but I think enough time might have moved me into the next bucket finally!!! My score just went up 14 points magically, with actually a balance increase on one of my cards.So now its at 676 Im just happy to finally see it move up!!!Smiley Very Happy

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Experian Score FINALLY MOVED!!!!!

Nice to see it go up! More than likely something else caused that jump. Either way, it's a jump!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 7
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the progress.

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nova5041 wrote:

My experian score has not really moved in a year, it might move either 3 to 4 points in either direction, but no more even when both equifax and transunion increased. I know I was in a bucket, but I think enough time might have moved me into the next bucket finally!!! My score just went up 14 points magically, with actually a balance increase on one of my cards.So now its at 676 Im just happy to finally see it move up!!!Smiley Very Happy

I was the same boat till last week. The score was fluctuating 1 or 2 points for the past six months, till I brought down util on two of my cards to less than 20%. Score jumped 12 points !.

Probably some inquiries might have fallen off or you got a CLI recently?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you able to tell why your score increased?  Did AAoA increase?  A baddie fall off?  Inquiries fall off?  etc.

Message 5 of 7
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

I did receive a cli from 6500 to 9500 on my discover card, but I also added a balance of 1700 on the same card. So I doubt it was my cli. No baddie fall off or Aaoa increase! When I use the fico simulator, it did accurately predict an increase though! I'm guessing time between baddies are helping me out I guess!

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem with experian. Score just sits, no fluctuation at all. Every month I keep hoping that there will be some movement but nothing. And it is my middle mortgage score so I really need it to move. Not real sure what I can do at this point except wait. I wish I understood bucketing better and what to do to move out of the crappy one.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.