cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Score REALITY CHECK *EDIT*

tag
jbishop1001
Frequent Contributor

Re: Got my Experian FICO in the mail today. REALITY CHECK.

Well, my late payments wont go away for 7 years.

So great.

My collections fall off mid 2015, and haven't gotten any response back for my PFD anyway. (Statute of limitations is pretty much over. 6 years in Michigan)

Stuck, stuck, stuck.

Starting Fico 8 Score: 571 EQ - 574 EX 605 TU Current Fico 8: 695 EQ 677 EX 709 TU
Message 11 of 13
user5387
Valued Contributor

@jbishop1001 wrote:

Well, my late payments wont go away for 7 years.

So great.

My collections fall off mid 2015, and haven't gotten any response back for my PFD anyway. (Statute of limitations is pretty much over. 6 years in Michigan)

Stuck, stuck, stuck.

"Go away" and "impact" are two different things.

Your score will gradually rise as the impact lessens, and underwriters will care less and less as derogatories age.

If I was in this situation, I'd try to lay the groundwork for a future mortgage, X amount of time in the future, and become educated about credit and mortgages in the meanwhile.

Message 12 of 13
jbishop1001
Frequent Contributor

Yes, I have been. 

For the type of loan I want they need 3 tradelines and accpet "non traditional" forms sometimes. (Utility/rent)

I have my electric bill, rent and internet bills. These are the only things I pay monthly. The only thing reflected in my report is my electric bill - which shows as a negative account even though it's marked $0 pays as agreed. Late payments.

I've opened up 2 revolving accounts but they need at least 12 months of good payment history.

I don't want to wait another year, though. I live in a bad area and want my daughter in a better school. But I can't afford $700 rent payments. As a low income individual, I understand there's criteria that needs to be met. I just wish I had a better shot. All of my bad debt (mainly my utility bill) is taken care of. I am no longer required to make $200+ payments every month. I've paid off my debt to them and am now continuing on with my regular bill (Around $80).

I'm finally at a financially stable point in my life - but these stupid reports are holding me back. I CAN afford a mortgage. I WILL pay it back. They just WONT give me one until I establish a "good history" on these things.

I hate credit cards and the fact that I even have one now. But it felt like the only way.

Starting Fico 8 Score: 571 EQ - 574 EX 605 TU Current Fico 8: 695 EQ 677 EX 709 TU
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.