Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian Score

Hi guys, I have a question wondering if this has happened to anyone else I am completely confused wondering if something might be wrong...... My Experian score has not changed in over a month I montiotor it on here as well as CCT, I have had a collection removal, usage drops some cards completely 0 balance and ones paid down on top of that a couple new inquiries and new accounts, credit limit increases etc and not even a point change the other 2 bureaus have had changes not this one, also there are like 5 inquiries that should have been off at the beginning of the month and one that a credit union pulled and sent a letter several weeks ago asking them to remove it no change at all is this normal? What should I do? By the way they were quick to add on the new inquiries. Thanks for your help
9 REPLIES 9
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Re: Experian Score

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi guys, I have a question wondering if this has happened to anyone else I am completely confused wondering if something might be wrong...... My Experian score has not changed in over a month I montiotor it on here as well as CCT, I have had a collection removal, usage drops some cards completely 0 balance and ones paid down on top of that a couple new inquiries and new accounts, credit limit increases etc and not even a point change the other 2 bureaus have had changes not this one, also there are like 5 inquiries that should have been off at the beginning of the month and one that a credit union pulled and sent a letter several weeks ago asking them to remove it no change at all is this normal? What should I do? By the way they were quick to add on the new inquiries. Thanks for your help

Was the collection removal, the only collection or charge off you have on EXP? Was it over $100? You generally will not see a significant bump on that process until all are removed or aged off. Inquiries just FICO is a year, but if you are apping for a loan that needs UW, they stay on for 2 years from pull date, and would be reflected on the following month reports from May 2015 (June reporting). You state some cards are zero some are not. The crucial question is what is the overall utilization on all CCs?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Overall utilization is 3% only two cars reporting a 51 dollar balance and one at 150. It was not my only collection. My only question is with all of those changes happening this month and showing on the sites as well they are being reported it just doesn't make since that I haven't at least gained or lost even 1 point I would definitely assume I would see some type of change, but there has not been even a 1 point change in over a month almost 2 months the other 2 are changing and experian is letting me know those changes have happened but no change what's so ever. I just find it very odd I have never had this happen and I've been with the site and CCT for about a year now and have always saw some type of change whether a point or 15 points for example when things change on my report. Just baffled by a removed collection, CLI on cards balances paid down only 2 cards reporting a balance low utilization, credit inquiries etc heck I'd be fine with a score drop (not really) just to make sure it is in fact correct it r if something is going on
Message 3 of 10
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Well the closer you get to utilization being optimal, which by board members here AZEO all CCs reporting zero balance by statement cut, not due date, with only have one card reporting a small balance (not carrying the balance, but paying it in full when the small balance hit, then charging again small amounts, or larger, as long as you let it only report under 9 percent of it's sole credit line. Then you will not see major changes. Credit Line Increases will not factor (unless you are doing hard pull inquiries for the increases, you will be dinged), soft pulls are advised as they do not count. With your low utilization the CLI is not impacting the scores.It would only impact it if you had been at say over 30% and the CLI would have knocked the utilization down to a new threshold level.  Now removal of the derogs, all collections via goodwill, pay for deletes, aging off, any late payments ever reported to any accounts will make a difference. Don't expect the credit inquires aging off to yield high increases, some not at all for that snapshot in time you pull your reports. Again for FICO 8 score it is 1 year, but for mortgage scores, etc, they will remain for 2 years on your reports and those scores. At this point you just have to garden what you have, let accounts age especially any new ones within the last year, bringing up the AAoA, the payment history will be longer. 

Work on getting those collections removed. Those are what are holding your scores from any great increase since you have utilization almost at optimal for scoring. I believe EX does count any collections under $100 as dinging your scores, but it will still remain. 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response... I understand everything you are saying I'm not even wanting to see a big jump or anything my concern is for two months now it has not even changed up or down by even 1 point that's my question has anyone ever went 2 months after inquires new accounts etc etc without even a point difference it just doesn't make since. The other 2 are moving like I said even if it was a score drop for new accounts and recent inquires like 4 in the last week nothing not a point one way or the other it just doesn't make any since with all the recent changes I've had going on since the beginning of the month and then reporting on experian and having no change in 2 months. Like I said as well there are inquires that should have also been removed over 2 years old they are still on there it's like my score is frozen
Message 5 of 10
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Also it is not unusal for collection companies holding accounts to not update monthly, then see where your credit is improving, then they start reporting each and every month. 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've seen that happen that is so not fair lol, it sucks when that happens
Message 7 of 10
DollyLama
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
 Like I said as well there are inquires that should have also been removed over 2 years old they are still on there it's like my score is frozen

File a dispute with Experian. Any inquiry May 2015 or earlier that is on there. I'm wondering if you have a split credit file. 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mind me asking what a split credit file is. I've heard the term, but don't know what it means
Message 9 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@DollyLama wrote:

Well the closer you get to utilization being optimal, which by board members here AZEO all CCs reporting zero balance by statement cut, not due date, with only have one card reporting a small balance (not carrying the balance, but paying it in full when the small balance hit, then charging again small amounts, or larger, as long as you let it only report under 9 percent of it's sole credit line. Then you will not see major changes. Credit Line Increases will not factor (unless you are doing hard pull inquiries for the increases, you will be dinged), soft pulls are advised as they do not count. With your low utilization the CLI is not impacting the scores.It would only impact it if you had been at say over 30% and the CLI would have knocked the utilization down to a new threshold level.  Now removal of the derogs, all collections via goodwill, pay for deletes, aging off, any late payments ever reported to any accounts will make a difference. Don't expect the credit inquires aging off to yield high increases, some not at all for that snapshot in time you pull your reports. Again for FICO 8 score it is 1 year, but for mortgage scores, etc, they will remain for 2 years on your reports and those scores. At this point you just have to garden what you have, let accounts age especially any new ones within the last year, bringing up the AAoA, the payment history will be longer. 

Work on getting those collections removed. Those are what are holding your scores from any great increase since you have utilization almost at optimal for scoring. I believe EX does count any collections under $100 as dinging your scores, but it will still remain. 

Inquiries only count for a year for all FICO models, including the ones used for mortgage underwriting.

2 years is just the credit report exclusion timeframe, has no bearing on anything relevant.  Maybe some lenders look at it (can promise you mortgage lenders in particular do not unless they're flatly stupid, that's not the way the business model works in the mortgage space).

        
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.