Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Scores...

tag
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

Experian Scores...

I have gotten a letter from Bank of America saying that my Experien score was around 664 when they pulled it and Chase also gave me a letter saying that it was close to that when they pulled it for our last auto loan. All of the Experien scores I get from credit monitoring sights though show it being down around 680. With my TU and EQ scores my FICO number is quite a bit lower than the FAKO scores that the credit monitoring sights use. Usually around 80-100 points lower. Knowing this it makes me wonder what is going on with the Experien score and if the scores that I am getting from Chase and BofA are really the FICO scores or just the same FAKO crap.

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Experian Scores...

Message 2 of 6
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

Yes. They gave a range of 300-850.

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 6
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

No it doesn't say FICO anywhere on the sheet. Simply says that it was obtained from Experien and that my score is higher than 36% of the population. That score doesn't sound so hot, but when we bought the car the finance manager told me that with the economy the way it is and with Missouri having lower than average scores, mine was actually slightly better than average. He said that before the recession that wouldn't have been the case.

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 5 of 6
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

I would say to assume that your EX score is 80 to 100 points lower than the score they gave you would probably be incorrect. There just doesn't seem to be much basis to assume that.  You stated that in your case your fako scores tend to be 100 pts higher then your real scores. I would not use that as a basis to evaluate your EX score, Without knowing what sort of score you were quoted by those banks there is no way to make a judgement with that score. If I were forced to make a call on it I would say that the EX score you were given may be close to your real EX fico score especially as Guinness said based on the score range guidance that they gave you. My most recent score from Chase which was on a rejection letter was some sort of fako score cause the range they gave me had 900 something as the upper limit. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.