Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Seems to be Stuck.....

tag
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

Experian Seems to be Stuck.....

TU and EQ are just moving up and around pretty much daily but Experian just won't budge. it has been the same score since 4/10/15....the same activity happens on EX as it does on TU and EQ I'm getting alerts all the time for EX, the only difference is 2 charge offs were deleted a month early in April from Experian still nothing! Is that typical for one CB to just be stagnant????

Starting Score: EQ 615 (MyFICO) TU 588 (Walmart) EX 576 (EX Website) Started this journey 06/26/2014
Current Score: EQ 710 (MyFICO) TU 673 (Walmart) TU 726 (MyFICO) EX 706 (MyFICO) As of Sep 2015
Goal Score: 750 or higher across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Experian Seems to be Stuck.....

@New_Beginning wrote:

TU and EQ are just moving up and around pretty much daily but Experian just won't budge. it has been the same score since 4/10/15....the same activity happens on EX as it does on TU and EQ I'm getting alerts all the time for EX, the only difference is 2 charge offs were deleted a month early in April from Experian still nothing! Is that typical for one CB to just be stagnant????

They don't trigger on the same things; I wouldn't worry about it overly much personally as credit building is a long-term endeavour, my scores are about as flat as Kansas these days and in my case it was TU that was dead for updates... until the other day I got a 1 point bump for a blank reason according to TU haha, my Sallie inquiry fell out of scoring range and/or some accounts turned 1 year old, either way it was inconsequential.

        
Message 2 of 9
I-think-I-can
Valued Contributor

My Experian seems to be stuck as well.  I haven't had a score change in almost two months.  I have had tons of updates (credit limit increases, new accounts that should have dropped my utilization enough to trigger a score increase, balance changes, etc) and the score hasn't budged at all. Whereas TU and EQ have had at least a few fluctuations. 

Starting Scores 2/13/15: EQ 635 EX 674 TU 684 ////7/16/15 Scores: EQ 661 EX 669 TU 703 //// 2/15/16 Scores EQ 652 EX 647 TU 756 //// 3/24/16 Scores: EQ 661 EX 649 TU 773 //// EQ 670 EX 653 TU 768 (EQ And EX still tainted)
Goal Scores: 760 across the board
Message 3 of 9
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@New_Beginning wrote:

They don't trigger on the same things; I wouldn't worry about it overly much personally as credit building is a long-term endeavour, my scores are about as flat as Kansas these days and in my case it was TU that was dead for updates... until the other day I got a 1 point bump for a blank reason according to TU haha, my Sallie inquiry fell out of scoring range and/or some accounts turned 1 year old, either way it was inconsequential.

Thank you I was wondering was if it just me....I appreciate the feedback!

Starting Score: EQ 615 (MyFICO) TU 588 (Walmart) EX 576 (EX Website) Started this journey 06/26/2014
Current Score: EQ 710 (MyFICO) TU 673 (Walmart) TU 726 (MyFICO) EX 706 (MyFICO) As of Sep 2015

Message 4 of 9
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

@I-think-I-can wrote:

My Experian seems to be stuck as well.  I haven't had a score change in almost two months.  I have had tons of updates (credit limit increases, new accounts that should have dropped my utilization enough to trigger a score increase, balance changes, etc) and the score hasn't budged at all. Whereas TU and EQ have had at least a few fluctuations. 

2 months! wow! I hope not, I want to add the BOA Rewards card  to replace my Credit One and they pull Experian from what I gather and it is my lowest score....sucks....lol! I don't mind waiting as I would like it to at least be in the yellow range when I apply....but my goodness!!! 

Message 5 of 9
LuckyBird
Regular Contributor

My Experian seemed stuck for the longest time, too, after I first started monitoring scores.  I even posted a thread similar to yours, I think, maybe about 2 to 3 months ago...?

It just seemed to sit there for a while.  Don't know how long exactly, but several weeks.  Long enough for me to think there had to be SOMETHING wrong with that report.  But, once it did start moving, with balance changes and so forth, it's been on a steady rise.  Since my post on the subject a few weeks ago, it has risen 23 points.  So hang in there!

Chase Sapphire Reserve $30,000 | Amex BCP $30,000 | Discover It $30,000 | Citi Simp $16,500 | NFCU Cash Rewards $14,400 | Citi DC $9,800 | Chase Freedom $9,000 | VS $4,100 | Kohl's $3,000 | Loft $3,000

EQ 823 ~ TU 817 ~ EXP 808 | ITG since 8/24/2016
Message 6 of 9
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

@LuckyBird wrote:

My Experian seemed stuck for the longest time, too, after I first started monitoring scores.  I even posted a thread similar to yours, I think, maybe about 2 to 3 months ago...?

It just seemed to sit there for a while.  Don't know how long exactly, but several weeks.  Long enough for me to think there had to be SOMETHING wrong with that report.  But, once it did start moving, with balance changes and so forth, it's been on a steady rise.  Since my post on the subject a few weeks ago, it has risen 23 points.  So hang in there!

Thanks for your feedback!

Message 7 of 9
daniki
New Contributor

Mine hasn't updated since May 3rd and I know I've had changes that my alerts should cover. Guess all I can do is wait....
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My EX doesn't update in a timely manner in MyFico. That's why I also have the Experian monitoring service. It moves up or down as soon as a my EX report changes while the EX score in MyFico remains the same for weeks. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.