Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Vantage Score:

tag
clipperskipper
Regular Contributor

Experian Vantage Score:

Hi I just left the Experian site where I retrieved my Vantage score (760) with a range of 501-990. According to Experian, this is the credit indystry's first credit score developed jointly by the three national credit bureaus. Has anyone seen this new system? Looks like Experians first attempt at Fico '08, but 990?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Experian Vantage Score:

It has been around for a little while. They've been pushing it to lenders to use in lieu of FICO but nobody is biting.
Message 2 of 5
marty56
Super Contributor

I kinda like the idea of a letter grade if lenders would say things like Super Prime would be the best rate.  I noticed the when I was in New York for Thanksgiving, there was a big range diffrence in the FICO score that some auto dealers were using to get their best deal.  I saw scores like 720, 740, and 760.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It all depends if the lender is also the manufacturer of the car, whereby there is an incentive to take a greater risk on the loan to put someone in a car. A private lender might have more rigorous standards, that is why the 760 might be used at other places.
Message 4 of 5
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

My wife pulled her Vantage Score on accident once - we didn't know the difference betwen this and FICO yet.  Pulled her real FICO score later.  There was zero correlation between the two.  Others have had score come up that are comparable.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.