FDNY15275

Re: Experian: be very careful about any dispute with them! Nasty and vengefull!

I have a question and a comment regarding this. I had a judgment that appeared on my EX report about a month ago. I advised them that it wasn't mine as for the third time as it had been placed on my EX report in the past. The judgment was removed, but a 7-year fraud alert was placed on my report and it was also sent to EQ and TU. I know this because I received paperwork in the mail from both EQ and TU to verify my identity and update my information. I also know this to be a fact because when I went to myfico.com to purchase my scores, I had to call the toll free number to myfico.com to verify my account before I could view my scores. Now for my question......................does a fraud alert affect your score and what impact does it have on you when making a purchase if any? Thanks in advance!
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Re: Experian: be very careful about any dispute with them! Nasty and vengefull!

I FA does not affect your scores-

It WILL prevent "Instant Credit" approvals.

My 90 day FA just came off-

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+