Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian changed my Time since last Negative date

tag
NattyPButter
Contributor

Experian changed my Time since last Negative date

This was on a student loan. It was at 6.5 years since last late a few months back. I go and look and now see it at 5.3 months...**bleep**. I remember when I it saw it at 6 years I was happy to be getting it removed soon and now they went and messed with the numbers. Is there anything I can do about it? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian changed my Time since last Negative date

Experian shouldn't be changing anything, they simply present what is reported to them.  If you look at your credit report, you will see when the late payment was reported (year/month).  If that date has changed, you'd want to contact the lender that your loan is through and have them report it correctly.  I guess my point here is that it's likely not the fault of Experian.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I am going through the same thing now and Experian is the one at fault. They are updating a 4 year old change off that is showing as 1 month old. I contacted the original creditor and was told that they have not reported anything to a credit bureau since the debt was paid in 2015.  This statement is consistent with what is reporting on both my Equifax and Transunion credit reports. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

There have been several posts of Experian updating old negative accounts, making the negative look recent. They did the same thing to me on student loans that had been closed since 2013. They updated them in Dec. 2017 making it look like I have a 3 month old negative rather than a 5 year old negative and it caused ny Fico score to drop 21 points.

I have disputed this with EX twice to no avail and have filed a complaint with the CFPB. 

ETA: I'm so tired of dealing with these CRA's messing up my credit reports. I just go my split file from Equifax fixed today. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.