Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian report from myFICO different than Experian report from Experian

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian report from myFICO different than Experian report from Experian

This is my first time here but looks like a lot of good info.  Did some browsing but haven't seen this issue addressed yet.  When I got my Experian report and score from myFICO, the report stated that my score was lower due to a Consumer Finance Account.  It doesn't say which account is the CFA but I'm assuming Wells Fargo as we used them a few times, a few years ago to purchase stuff for our house with zero % interest.  When I go to the details in this report it does not show them as closed so I decided to dispute them to get them to show closed.  Since you cannot dispute the items from the myFICO report I went to Experian to pull my report and dispute them from that report.  The problem is these items are not on the report pulled directly from Experian.  So my question is three-fold; 1) How can the two Experian reports have different info on them.  2) How can I get these items cleaned up if they are not on the Experian direct report but on the myFICO report.  3) If a lender pulls my credit which of the Experian reports will they get.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Jeff

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian report from myFICO different than Experian report from Experian

Good chance it is also on your FAKO report and listed as something a little different.

CFA presence on you report open or closed seems to count the same-
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy, I'm a little confused now.  I thought my pulling my report directly from Experian gave me an accurate report (i.e. not FAKO) and that only the score from Experian was a FAKO.  It was my understanding that all FICO scores generated with the Fair Issac algorithim got the actual data from each one of the three CRAs which would infer that the data behind any report that is pulled from myFICO would be identical to any data pulled directly from one of the CRAs.  Only the scores would differ.  Even if the CFA is treated the same whether open or closed I would still like to get these closed so they fall off all of my reports sometime in the future.  If they remain open I don't see any chance of them ever falling off.  So I'm still trying to figure out how to get them closed.  Once again my issue is they show up when pulled from myFICO (but I can't dispute any of these), but they don't show up when pulled directly from Experian which means there is nothing there to dispute.  Also, would still like to understand how the DATA can differ on the two and also what DATA will show up when a lender pulls my credit.  Just as a point of reference my FICO scores average around 715 so I'm not in terrible shape but being in better shape would certainly be preferable.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still have not seen any good explaination of why this happens....ie why that number should be reported different between agencies.

One would think if a number is reported by experian,transunion to the other agencies that this would be the same ...but it's not...

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They easy way to explain this-

The only place you can puchase get an Experian FICO score is here are myFico - period - currently no other Experian scores mean anything-

If you buy a Score from myFICO and EQ at the same time on the same day the the scores WILL be the same

There is 1 place on TU you can get a FICO score (hidden pretty deep) https://www.transunioncs.com/ - and myFICO

Where is the question? Everything else is a FAKO score that means nothing.

Except a score you get from WAMU that is Credit Card enhanced- it IS a FICO score.

SalvageMyCredit wrote:
I still have not seen any good explaination of why this happens....ie why that number should be reported different between agencies.

One would think if a number is reported by experian,transunion to the other agencies that this would be the same ...but it's not...

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are minor difference in the FICO scoring models for each CRA- 
IF all your data was identical on all 3 CRA's you score should have less than a 20 point difference unless you have an exception like-

A Charge card (that TU treats as a part of UTL)
A HELOC under 50K that EX treats as revolving

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.