cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian reporting missed payment in the last 2 months even though no missed payments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian reporting missed payment in the last 2 months even though no missed payments

I would definitely suggest obtaining a hard copy of your credit report and going through that.

Message 11 of 14
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Experian reporting missed payment in the last 2 months even though no missed payments

Call MyFICO. I was having a problem similar to this and they helped me determine which account was causing it.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@medicgrrl wrote:
Call MyFICO. I was having a problem similar to this and they helped me determine which account was causing it.

I didn't think of that. I contacted them and apparently it's my first federal student loan from 2013 displaying that. Something about unavailable activity/not being updated in 3 years (which I'm assuming is because it's deferred until I finish college this coming year) is making Experian's algorithm think it's a missed payment/derogatory mark. They said to contact Experian to correct it, which hopefully that letter I sent them them on Monday will be all they need.

Message 13 of 14
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

I'm glad you were able to get it figured out!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.