Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian score

tag
DMiller
Established Member

Experian score

I understand that we can't get our Experian scores, but I was wanting to know how far off can your real score be from freecreditreport.com's experian score?  I check my report once a week as i'm in the rebuilding process and it was 609 last week and today its 639.

Starting Score: 592
Current Score: 632
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Experian score

There is no way to compair.  Even the more modest question of a change in your FAKO score will cause a change in your FICO score cannot be determined.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 19
DMiller
Established Member

So I guess I shouldnt be excited to see that score where its at lol.. Thanks marty

Starting Score: 592
Current Score: 632
Goal Score: 650

Message 3 of 19
Datx
Valued Contributor

It may or may not be that far off, but it really just varies from user to user. Im sure you understand that all these experian scores are FAKOs, and not your real experian FICO score. My USAA FAKO score is higher and is off by 17 points when compared to my real experian FICO score. On Truecredit.com, my EX score is 13 pointss lower than my real FICO score.  So you may be right, it does kinda give you a general idea on where you're at...but I have seen different posts in the past where a FAKO score is just way off. From my experience just yesterday...when I checked my USAA FAKO score, it was at 582. I got my updated EQ FICO yesterday and it was at 650. Lots of folks will suggest you ignore your scores you get from those sites selling you a FAKO score, such as FCR.com, TC.com, etc....

Message 4 of 19
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The important thing to realize is that there is really no such thing as an EQ, EXP, or TU "credit score."

Those only designate the source of the data that was inputted into whatever scoring algorithm that was used to produce your score.

The issue is whether they used licensed FICO algorithms to produce your score, or it was produced under some other "FAKO" algorithm.

Unless the score you purchase includes the proprietary trademark "FICO,' it is not a true FICO score.

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got the same issue.  My TU score from MyFico is a 670 and my score off EQ is 670.  I got my EX report from freecreditreport.com and it gives a score of 590. All 3 reports have the same info except that EX does not have an old medical account that went to collection.  The other 2 have that account listed and listed as paid.  Not sure why there' s such a big difference between the 3 scores.

Message 6 of 19
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I've got the same issue.  My TU score from MyFico is a 670 and my score off EQ is 670.  I got my EX report from freecreditreport.com and it gives a score of 590. All 3 reports have the same info except that EX does not have an old medical account that went to collection.  The other 2 have that account listed and listed as paid.  Not sure why there' s such a big difference between the 3 scores.

Hi Tina,

Let's see if we can straighten this all out.

The TU score from myFICO is the real thing.

Where did you buy your EQ score? If you got it here it's fine. You can still buy an EQ FICO (called Score Power) score from the Equifax website but they don't make it easy to find. In fact EQ has begun selling their own "credit score" which is not a FICO so people have to be careful when they go there.

The EX score you got from freecreditreport.com is not an EX FICO score. No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. One place is here at myFICO. I suggest you do an internet search for "myfico discount codes" to save a little money.

You can also purchase your Transunion score at www.transunioncs.com

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 7 of 19
rayandsuebrown
Established Member

Experian sells Vantage scores, how good are those?

Starting Score: 438
Current Score: 563
Goal Score: 620

Fico challenge is based on Equifax and Trans union score is 532
Message 8 of 19
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@rayandsuebrown wrote:

Experian sells Vantage scores, how good are those?

They are useless. Besides VS using a different scoring formula than FICO the score ranges are not the same. VS ranges from 501-990 while FICO ranges from 300-850.

BTW EX also sells "Plus" scores which are just as worthless.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 9 of 19
rayandsuebrown
Established Member

I also use Quizzle. Whose delt with them or heard the accurancy in it?

Starting Score: 438
Current Score: 563
Goal Score: 620

Fico challenge is based on Equifax and Trans union score is 532
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.