cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian ~ unable to remove fraud alert

tag
idcnoc

Experian ~ unable to remove fraud alert

I put a fraud alert on all three about 6 years ago. For the last 2 years, I've sent 3 requests to have the fraud alert removed with Experian and its still there. Anyone know how to get Experian to remove the fraud alert? I've sent the required paperwork in each time and yet each time I get my scores, I'm unable to get the Experian score. Thanks in advance David
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

effects of fraud alerts??

We frequently see advertisements about identity theft protection.  One highly recommended company, LifeLock, places fraud alerts on your and your family's credit records immediately after enrollment as its first step in protection of your ID.

Does a fraud alert affect credit score?  What effects does a fraud alert have on one's credit, if any?

I haven't had any problem - other than the credit provider asking if I'd placed a fraud alert on my account - getting credit and don't know if the alert has caused havoc elsewhere.  I'd be interested to find out more about the relationship between FICO scores and fraud alerts.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.