cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experiandirect - FICO's, FAKOs or something else ?

tag
PCR20
Regular Contributor

Experiandirect - FICO's, FAKOs or something else ?

Has anyone used Experiandirect's 3 Reports + 3 Scores system?

I'm trying to figure out what scores they give.

Are they like the FAKO's I get from truecredit?

Are they all three based on Experian's PLUS system ?

t.c.

Starting Score: 05/12/2007 was 724 average on all 3
Current Score: 02-10-2017 EQ=839 EX=837 TU=832
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Experiandirect - FICO's, FAKOs or something else ?

I can't find that exact product on their site (yet), but I have CreditSecure through American Express, and it's an Experian 3-in-1 monitoring system with three scores, and the scores are PLUS scores. Probably the same thing.

See if you can find a score range. If it's 330 - 830, that's PLUS scores.

The rule of thumb is that there is no way that you are going to be able to buy an Equifax FICO score from Experian, or an Experian FICO score from TransUnion, etc., so any product that offers 3 scores is automatically going to be selling FAKO's. And of course, as we all know, there is now no place other than that CU in Pennsylvania where a consumer can view his/her EX FICO score without applying for a mortgage.

Equifax now has a 3-in-1 monitoring system that gives you a one-time EQ FICO score, but I think that's it. TrueCredit is a TU product, and they have their amusing TransRisk scores, I think they're called. Other products are based on TC: I think that Chase is supposed to be a TU product? (not sure)

My big gripe with CreditSecure (Experian monitoring through American Express) is that it's not updated promptly. I think it showed an inq right away, but my balances weren't updated, while TrueCredit did have them showing correctly. And of course, the problem with TC now is that you can only updated TU daily and the other two monthly.

Why can't someone come out with a decent daily-pull 3-in-1 product? I don't care about the scores, either. Just the reports.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 4
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
I can't find that exact product on their site (yet), but I have CreditSecure through American Express, and it's an Experian 3-in-1 monitoring system with three scores, and the scores are PLUS scores. Probably the same thing.

See if you can find a score range. If it's 330 - 830, that's PLUS scores.

The rule of thumb is that there is no way that you are going to be able to buy an Equifax FICO score from Experian, or an Experian FICO score from TransUnion, etc., so any product that offers 3 scores is automatically going to be selling FAKO's. And of course, as we all know, there is now no place other than that CU in Pennsylvania where a consumer can view his/her EX FICO score without applying for a mortgage.

Equifax now has a 3-in-1 monitoring system that gives you a one-time EQ FICO score, but I think that's it. TrueCredit is a TU product, and they have their amusing TransRisk scores, I think they're called. Other products are based on TC: I think that Chase is supposed to be a TU product? (not sure)

My big gripe with CreditSecure (Experian monitoring through American Express) is that it's not updated promptly. I think it showed an inq right away, but my balances weren't updated, while TrueCredit did have them showing correctly. And of course, the problem with TC now is that you can only updated TU daily and the other two monthly.

Why can't someone come out with a decent daily-pull 3-in-1 product? I don't care about the scores, either. Just the reports.

Hauling I guess they just figured it cost them too much to continue to allow daily pulls. Aside from the not to be mentioned side effect for TU. CCT and CIDP still allow daily pulls for some people.

Message 3 of 4
PCR20
Regular Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
I can't find that exact product on their site (yet),

Looking again I now see it says 3-PLUS scores.

I have one of the "free" accounts as a victim of the "CountryWide Mortgage selling my information” scandal. 

After I logon to experiandirect, at the bottom of the screen I see;

3 Bureau Credit Report with 3 PLUS Scores
Now see your CREDIT REPORTS AND SCORES from all three national credit reporting companies for only $....

Starting Score: 05/12/2007 was 724 average on all 3
Current Score: 02-10-2017 EQ=839 EX=837 TU=832
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.