Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Established Member
Posts: 62
Registered: ‎01-11-2013
0

Re: Extreme Rebucketing Effects - 757 to 690 on Yr 4

Interesting...wondering what will happen to my scores once I only have one active card...

Starting Score: 01/12/2013 EQ 683
Current Score (myFico): 5/8/13 TU 734, EQ 738 05/04/13 EX 722
Last App 05/3/2013 - Off to garden for the rest of the year!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge / myFICO Forums Common Abbreviations
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,253
Registered: ‎07-18-2009
0

Re: Extreme Rebucketing Effects - 757 to 690 on Yr 4

Update:

Now that close to a year has passed the following scoring patterns have changed a bit.

 

The difference between EQ FICO based on number of cards with zero balances has narrowed considerably. With only one reporting FICO is 770 and with all reporting FICO is 759 so there is only an 11 point difference as opposed to a much larger difference back when I was first rebucketed and had a sudden change down to 690 based only on my oldest account reaching 4 years.

 

At the time I was also astonished that adding a new account, which normally causes a score drop, caused a fairly large increase in my score. Subsequently I discovered the new bucket strongly factored in how many cards had zero balances.  As the accounts have aged this sensitivity has decreased substantially.

 

 


I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,263
Registered: ‎09-18-2012
0

Re: Extreme Rebucketing Effects - 757 to 690 on Yr 4


cashnocredit wrote:

Update:

Now that close to a year has passed the following scoring patterns have changed a bit.

 

The difference between EQ FICO based on number of cards with zero balances has narrowed considerably. With only one reporting FICO is 770 and with all reporting FICO is 759 so there is only an 11 point difference as opposed to a much larger difference back when I was first rebucketed and had a sudden change down to 690 based only on my oldest account reaching 4 years.

 

At the time I was also astonished that adding a new account, which normally causes a score drop, caused a fairly large increase in my score. Subsequently I discovered the new bucket strongly factored in how many cards had zero balances.  As the accounts have aged this sensitivity has decreased substantially.

 

 


This was a great read. Thanks for posting.

Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 14,647
Registered: ‎12-30-2011
0

Re: Extreme Rebucketing Effects - 757 to 690 on Yr 4


lhcole77 wrote:

cashnocredit wrote:

Update:

Now that close to a year has passed the following scoring patterns have changed a bit.

 

The difference between EQ FICO based on number of cards with zero balances has narrowed considerably. With only one reporting FICO is 770 and with all reporting FICO is 759 so there is only an 11 point difference as opposed to a much larger difference back when I was first rebucketed and had a sudden change down to 690 based only on my oldest account reaching 4 years.

 

At the time I was also astonished that adding a new account, which normally causes a score drop, caused a fairly large increase in my score. Subsequently I discovered the new bucket strongly factored in how many cards had zero balances.  As the accounts have aged this sensitivity has decreased substantially.

 

 


This was a great read. Thanks for posting.


+1, thanks CnC!

Starting Score: EQ 04 561, TU 98 567, EX 98 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 693, EQ 8 714, TU 8 710, EX 8 724 (05/27/16)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ 04 (01/01/17)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,961
Registered: ‎11-17-2012
0

Re: Extreme Rebucketing Effects - 757 to 690 on Yr 4

Hate to revive a moderately old thread, but very interesting to read indeed! My oldest card will be approaching 4 years in June, and assuming I won't have to apply for a graduate loan right away yet that will likely result in a HP on EQ, it should be interesting to see what, if any, effects it will have on my EQ score.

 

I think I'll perform this experiment as well, and collect the same data points as well as any other factors I think may play a role. My AAoA will be at the 2.666666666666667 mark by the time my history ages to 4 years.

Capital One Quicksilver WMC $20k | JCPenney Platinum $10k | Shell Drive for Five $800 | Chase Freedom VS $9.8k | TD Bank Easy Rewards VS $5k | Chase Sapphire VS $10k | American Express Blue Sky $13.7k | Discover IT $15k | SavingStar American Express $14.8k | American Express BCE $11.3k | Macy's American Express $7.2k | Capital One BuyPower WEMC $7.5k

FICOS: EX 767 EQ 717 TU 758 VantageScore 3.0: EX 750 EQ 754 TU 756
Established Contributor
Posts: 579
Registered: ‎07-12-2013
0

Re: Extreme Rebucketing Effects - 757 to 690 on Yr 4

[ Edited ]

Looking forward to seeing your results Daybreak.

 

to others does the LOC count  and age if it was never drawn?  I have read issues in other threads from I think PSECU LOC that you have to draw it for the clock to start on the CRB or that when you do the first draw it resets to the date of first use?  Any comments there?   In addition, with scoring I had a few accounts with negative history and the ratio of negative account to total accounts was high however, since my rebuilding phase the ratio of accounts with negative history to accounts with no negatives has dropped considerably...does anyone know how that is factored?  I suspect positive but I am not sure?  My theory here was dilution in the ratio of bad accounts reporting and taking the hit on AAoA.


Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 10/2/15


Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,253
Registered: ‎07-18-2009
0

Re: Extreme Rebucketing Effects - 757 to 690 on Yr 4


daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Hate to revive a moderately old thread, but very interesting to read indeed! My oldest card will be approaching 4 years in June, and assuming I won't have to apply for a graduate loan right away yet that will likely result in a HP on EQ, it should be interesting to see what, if any, effects it will have on my EQ score.

 

I think I'll perform this experiment as well, and collect the same data points as well as any other factors I think may play a role. My AAoA will be at the 2.666666666666667 mark by the time my history ages to 4 years.


I'm lookin forward tou your experiences in June.


I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,253
Registered: ‎07-18-2009
0

Re: Extreme Rebucketing Effects - 757 to 690 on Yr 4

Update:

 

Unlike the prior experience with EQ04, EQ08 is not affected by the number of cards with balances.  My EQSW was recently "upgraded" and my EQ08 FICO did the following when a few cards with zero balances reported small balances with no material change in overall util (around 10%)

 

1 of 4 with non-zero balances: 766

2 of 4 with non-zero balances: 765

3 of 4 with non-zero balances: 763

 

If you review the earlier effects described on this thread this is almost insignificant. This brings into question the value of having only one card reporting a balance in maximizing FICO. At least the 08 version.

 

Interestingly, just before these my Amex charge reported a balance change from 20k to 5k and the FICO08 score increased from 757 to 766. When SW used FICO04 Amex charge balances were ignored and had never impacted EQ04. Whether this is some sort of fluke or not remains to be seen by more history and data but even though this is still a small effect. Had the balance been on my Citi card instead I would have expected a 20 point change or so from the relatively large balance delta.


I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.