cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F.I.C.O. score confusion???

tag
llcoolrobb

F.I.C.O. score confusion???

my transunion fico score on capitalone website is 636,on discover website it is 648,and on walmart website it is 655 ?

my equifax fico according to the letter i got from discover when i got approved for the IT card was 671 and according to the scoresence website my equifax fico is 633?

so i am confused on which is the correct fico score!

any answers?

thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

Re: F.I.C.O. score confusion???

@llcoolrobb wrote:

my transunion fico score on capitalone website is 636,on discover website it is 648,and on walmart website it is 655 ?

my equifax fico according to the letter i got from discover when i got approved for the IT card was 671 and according to the scoresence website my equifax fico is 633?

any answers?

thanks

I'm not necessarily the best to reply, because I'm new to the forum, but here goes:  If all of these are your TransUnion FICO scores, then it could be that they're pulling them on different dates.  Since the people you're listing are credit cards, I'd expect all of them to be using the FICO bankcard score.  However there are at least 49 different FICO score.  

Also, remember after you received the IT card, your scored would have a dip due to credit inquiry and new credit.

Hope this helps, Bev.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@bdhu2001 wrote:

@llcoolrobb wrote:

any answers?

thanks

I'm not necessarily the best to reply, because I'm new to the forum, but here goes:  If all of these are your TransUnion FICO scores, then it could be that they're pulling them on different dates.  Since the people you're listing are credit cards, I'd expect all of them to be using the FICO bankcard score.  However there are at least 49 different FICO score.  

Also, remember after you received the IT card, your scored would have a dip due to credit inquiry and new credit.

Hope this helps, Bev.

Good answer, but I the Discover and Wal-Mart free monthly scores should both be a standard TU08 FICO, but they are probably at different dates... and may reflect changes due to the new account reporting recently.  Discover probably pulled a completely different report for the card application (Equifax maybe?), resulting in different data and a different algorithm.  Lastly, ScoreSense is a FAKO, so I would not expect it to match.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 3 of 4
jello77
Contributor

llcoolrobb wrote:

my transunion fico score on capital one website is 636

Are you sure this is a FICO score?

If the score is from Capital One's Credit Tracker service, it is NOT a FICO score.

The article below discusses the Credit Tracker service.

http://www.mybanktracker.com/news/2014/03/03/capital-one-offer-free-credit-tracker-tool-credit-card-...

Excerpt from article:

Capital One’s Credit Tracker tool does not provide a FICO score. Instead, it uses a credit score developed through a proprietary model by TransUnion, one of the three major credit bureaus. Although the TransUnion credit score (called the TransUnion Educational Score) may not be the standard credit-gauging metric used by lenders, credit card customers can still use it to monitor the changes to their credit profiles.

FICO scores from Discover and Walmart are both based on the Transunion FICO 08 model.  The 7 point difference in your scores are almost certainly because the two scores were calculated on different dates.  

EQ-04 FICO__804__(from DCU)__inquiries = 0
EQ-08 FICO__826__(from MyFICO)__inquiries = 0
EX-98 FICO__837__(from PSECU)__inquiries = 0
EX-08 FICO__813__(from MyFICO)__inquiries = 0
TU-08 FICO__820__(from MyFICO)__inquiries = 0
Oldest account 36 yrs / Newest account 2 years / Average age 12 yrs / Total accounts 10 / Accounts reporting balance = 2 / Util = 3%
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.