Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAKO Scoring

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

FAKO Scoring

So i like many others use CK, but was wondering how off is it from your actual TU Score? Because my CK score everytime i get my score checked at annual report or at my bank because they can pull it for free for me, CK is only off by 5 pts, which isnt a whole lot but it is either 5 pts above/below, so i was wondering how off is it for others?

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ard991
Valued Member

Re: FAKO Scoring

Seems like it depends on the person/situation. 

For me, when I applied for my Discover card, Discover reported my TU as 725.  My CK at the time was 695ish.  I checked my myFICO TU recently before applying for a couple other cards and it read 701, while my CK was 699. 

My buddy was opposite.  His CK reported 725 while when he ran is myFICO, it was 699. 

And then I've heard people say their CK was off 75 points.  I mostly just like CK for tracking HPs and stuff. 

Message 2 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

In my past experience, both the TransRisk and Vantage on CK were both higher and lower than my TU FICO when pulled the same day. Sometimes it was close within a few points and as much off by >100. It all depended on what was reporting at that time.

Message 3 of 7
roastbeans
New Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:

So i like many others use CK, but was wondering how off is it from your actual TU Score? Because my CK score everytime i get my score checked at annual report or at my bank because they can pull it for free for me, CK is only off by 5 pts, which isnt a whole lot but it is either 5 pts above/below, so i was wondering how off is it for others?

My current CK-639,Myfico TU-719 and Wallmart Discover TU-711

Message 4 of 7
roastbeans
New Contributor

@ard991 wrote:

Seems like it depends on the person/situation. 

For me, when I applied for my Discover card, Discover reported my TU as 725.  My CK at the time was 695ish.  I checked my myFICO TU recently before applying for a couple other cards and it read 701, while my CK was 699.  

My buddy was opposite.  His CK reported 725 while when he ran is myFICO, it was 699. 

And then I've heard people say their CK was off 75 points.  I mostly just like CK for tracking HPs and stuff. 

Thats about what its good for.And they do update frequently, compare to all the others.

Message 5 of 7
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@roastbeans wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

My current CK-639,Myfico TU-719 and Wallmart Discover TU-711

looks like your TU 98 and TU 08 are similar!

and to the OP, the CK TU FAKO score is super random for me. I, at first tried to find a correlation, found out i was wasting my time. Now I just use it to track UTIL and HPs, nothing else.

Message 6 of 7
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Keep in mind that lender pulls can also be enhanced scores based on what you are app'ing for (i.e. auto enhanced). I have found this to be a big reason why scores are different.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.