Established Contributor
Skye12329

FAKO Scoring

So i like many others use CK, but was wondering how off is it from your actual TU Score? Because my CK score everytime i get my score checked at annual report or at my bank because they can pull it for free for me, CK is only off by 5 pts, which isnt a whole lot but it is either 5 pts above/below, so i was wondering how off is it for others?

Wallet: Chase Freedom, CSP, Discover IT
The Exiled Cards: Quicksilver, Target, Elan Financial Services, Best Buy, Sears MC
8/11/14 EQ: 687
9/7/14 TU: 700. All goal cards achieved! :smileyhappy: Score is only a number, its the profile that matters. However i will try to achieve 750+
Valued Member
ard991

Re: FAKO Scoring

Seems like it depends on the person/situation. 

For me, when I applied for my Discover card, Discover reported my TU as 725.  My CK at the time was 695ish.  I checked my myFICO TU recently before applying for a couple other cards and it read 701, while my CK was 699. 

My buddy was opposite.  His CK reported 725 while when he ran is myFICO, it was 699. 

And then I've heard people say their CK was off 75 points.  I mostly just like CK for tracking HPs and stuff. 

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

In my past experience, both the TransRisk and Vantage on CK were both higher and lower than my TU FICO when pulled the same day. Sometimes it was close within a few points and as much off by >100. It all depended on what was reporting at that time.

New Contributor
roastbeans

Skye12329 wrote:

So i like many others use CK, but was wondering how off is it from your actual TU Score? Because my CK score everytime i get my score checked at annual report or at my bank because they can pull it for free for me, CK is only off by 5 pts, which isnt a whole lot but it is either 5 pts above/below, so i was wondering how off is it for others?

My current CK-639,Myfico TU-719 and Wallmart Discover TU-711

New Contributor
roastbeans

ard991 wrote:

Seems like it depends on the person/situation. 

For me, when I applied for my Discover card, Discover reported my TU as 725.  My CK at the time was 695ish.  I checked my myFICO TU recently before applying for a couple other cards and it read 701, while my CK was 699.  

My buddy was opposite.  His CK reported 725 while when he ran is myFICO, it was 699. 

And then I've heard people say their CK was off 75 points.  I mostly just like CK for tracking HPs and stuff. 

Thats about what its good for.And they do update frequently, compare to all the others.

Frequent Contributor
SuperKirby

roastbeans wrote:

Skye12329 wrote:

My current CK-639,Myfico TU-719 and Wallmart Discover TU-711

looks like your TU 98 and TU 08 are similar!

and to the OP, the CK TU FAKO score is super random for me. I, at first tried to find a correlation, found out i was wasting my time. Now I just use it to track UTIL and HPs, nothing else.

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
azguy13

Keep in mind that lender pulls can also be enhanced scores based on what you are app'ing for (i.e. auto enhanced). I have found this to be a big reason why scores are different.

NFCU Flagship $25,000 I AMEX SPG $23,000 I Chase Sapphire Preferred $17,500 I Discover IT $12,000 I

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}