cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAKO TU up, FICO TU no change (13 bucks down the tubes)

tag
marty56
Super Contributor

FAKO TU up, FICO TU no change (13 bucks down the tubes)

Besides Score Watch I use National City Identity Protect (True Credit).

I spoke with TU a few days ago to change the coing on an account that was in a DMP.  I get a new report on NCIP today to see if the change was made and discovered that my FAKO TU score went up 14 points.

Great, I thought since I only needed 4 more points to get to 760, so I paid for my TU report ehere and NO CHANGE.  They only other change to me TU report was that a CC balance when from just above 50% to just below 50% and another card reported 1.7 % util which is now PIF.

Boy was I bummed,  The moral here is that I wont pay for me score again until I see a Score Watch Alert or I know that my only remaining CC balance is under 10%.

It seems FAKO TU is more sensitive to CC balance changes then the real FICO.  I should have known.  I just wanted 4 more fargin points.

Maybe next month.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FAKO TU up, FICO TU no change (13 bucks down the tubes)

marty56 wrote:

It seems FAKO TU is more sensitive to CC balance changes then the real FICO.  I should have known.  I just wanted 4 more fargin points.

When you consider that FICO scores are used by 90% of lenders and NCIP FAKO scores are used by 0% of lenders, what does your experience tell you?

Don't trust the FAKOs!

Message Edited by cheddar on 02-29-2008 10:24 AM
Message 2 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

I knew that the FAKO/FICO scores didnt match but I thought that a change in a FAKO score would produce some change in my FICO score.  At least I wanted it to.

I forgot that FAKO is FAKO.

The truth is I violated my reason for having NCIP.  It was to check my CRs for changes on TU and EX after I received a Score Watch alert from EQ so I would know when to pull them here.

I guess I got ahead of myself again (which is why I messed up my credit in the first place)

My bad.

Message 3 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Ouch! Sorry to hear that.

I still have my own shoeprints on my rear end from when I pulled all three scores after a CC updated, but only on one CRA. duh.

Excitement leads us all astray every now and then! Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

They funny thing is that we went to Vegas in Dec and I think I did better with the slots then pulling my CRs here.

I shouldnt complain.  Ihavent had a Score Watch Alert since the 5th which is okay with me  by April I should get the one I am waiting for.
Message 5 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@marty56 wrote:

I shouldnt complain. I havent had a Score Watch Alert since the 5th which is okay with me by April I should get the one I am waiting for.

oooo! Smiley Surprised What happens then? Something falling off, I'm thinking...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

I wish my 120 day BofA late was falling off.  It will be 3 years old in August.

My only remaining CC balance will be below 30% util and below 10% by May and then once I can pay my truck off I can go after a new car loan by December.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.