Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAKO VS FAKO?????

tag
knightlynews
Contributor

FAKO VS FAKO?????

I have mycreditinform through my Cap1 secured card and I just signed up for the Experian Credit Tracker's 7 day free trial period. Mycreditinform reports my EX score as 574, while Experian's credit tracker shows it at 585! I know they are BOTH fako scores, but Im wondering which is closer to my real EX scores? Thanks in advance for any and all replies!....

Starting Score: 548
Current Score: EX686EQ682,TU???
Goal Score: 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FAKO VS FAKO?????

It'll likely be within 100 points of your FICO. I know it's frustrating not to get your EX FICO, but my PLUS scores have been as much as 50-75 off when compared to FICO on the same day. Right now mine is over 60 off, or at least compared to a week or two ago based off my last SW alert in comparing that and my EQ PLUS.

Message 2 of 8
knightlynews
Contributor

Is that 50-75 points higher or lower than your actual scores?

Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

It's been both.

Message 4 of 8
knightlynews
Contributor

I've been paying on time and reducing my credit utilization so hopefully the increases that I'm seeing are true to a degree. Ex FAKO 542 (4/4) - Ex FAKO 574 (4/21). Will enroll in myfico score watch soon for more accurate scores...

Message 5 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

IME, most of my FAKOs were lower than my actual FICO when compared the same day. Not always. I've had FAKOs decrease 40+ and FICO unphased. Definitely a crap shoot. IMO, focus on the reports more than the scores and the score increase will follow. Certainly pulling FICOs frequently comes in handy when wanting to learn about FICO scoring, but the end game is always higher scores and better looking reports.

Message 6 of 8
VanRickets
Established Member

Mine seems to be spot on. I use credit score tracker from Discover card.
FICO 715 FAKO 739
Chase Freedom 14,500
Chase Slate 6,700
US Bank 14,500
Discover 15,000
Message 7 of 8
knightlynews
Contributor

I guess as long the scores are moving up, Im good! Hoping to reach the early 600s (615-630) within 30-45 days....

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.