Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAKO or FICO??

tag
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

FAKO or FICO??

My husband appied for a Gymboree visa card, issued through US Bank. He was denied and got the letter of why he was denied yesterday. It said his TU 04 FICO score was 599.. was that a real FICO score or just US Banks scoring model? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

Re: FAKO or FICO??

@cwwatts1202 wrote:

My husband appied for a Gymboree visa card, issued through US Bank. He was denied and got the letter of why he was denied yesterday. It said his TU 04 FICO score was 599.. was that a real FICO score or just US Banks scoring model? 

That is the real FICO score.

TU has three models: TU98 which is what you get through MyFico, TU08 which is what you get through Walmart Credit Card, and TU04 which is what all lenders use supposedly and can't get unless lender pull.

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 2 of 7
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

@tonyjones wrote:

@cwwatts1202 wrote:

TU has three models: TU98 which is what you get through MyFico, TU08 which is what you get through Walmart Credit Card, and TU04 which is what all lenders use supposedly and can't get unless lender pull.

Well that's good to know. At least we now know his mid score. TU was the only score we hadn't gotten an actual FICO of. Also good to know that credit karma's score is 50 points lower than the actual score. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

Now I just gotta figure out why they denied him for having collections or public records when he has neither.

Message 4 of 7
themizlyne
Regular Contributor

Because he was denied you can get a free copy of his TU credit report as long as you request it within 60 days.
Message 5 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@tonyjones wrote:

@cwwatts1202 wrote:

Not only do they have those scores, there are also bankcard enchanced scores.

Did they give you a score range. 

Message 6 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Moving to understanding FICO scoring.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.