Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAKO or FICO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FAKO or FICO

I wnet to Truecredit.com and ordered the monthly service. I know probably there is a better service so if there is let me know. Anyway they gave me the following scores as TU = 670, EXP = 671, and EQ = 662. Are these FICO or FAKO scores?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FAKO or FICO

kasowell wrote:
I wnet to Truecredit.com and ordered the monthly service. I know probably there is a better service so if there is let me know. Anyway they gave me the following scores as TU = 670, EXP = 671, and EQ = 662. Are these FICO or FAKO scores?

They are FAKO all the way. BTW, does anyone know of another service not tied to TR or TC that will allow you to pull all three of your Reports and Scores on a daily basis?
Message 2 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay I spent more money and got my TU score from FICO and FICO said it was 669 and truecredit said it was 670. SO where's the difference?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

kasowell wrote:
Okay I spent more money and got my TU score from FICO and FICO said it was 669 and truecredit said it was 670. SO where's the difference?

You are one of the rare people whose scores come so close. My TU FAKO score is 608, my FICO TU is 675. Big difference.  All three of my FICOs are higher than the FAKOs. However, a lot of people say their FICOs are lower than their FAKOs. I guess everyone is different!
Message 5 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

That's probably coincidence. At one point, my FAKO EQ was 90 points higher than my FICO, and all 3 FAKO's still run higher. Some people's run lower.

Are you getting ready to do some borrowing? If so, it's the FICO's that the lenders look at. I'm convinced that TC keeps ooching up my FAKO's just to keep me coming.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, when I go to any bank what will they use to pull my credit scores??  FICO?  How can I be sure since there is such a big difference in scores?
Message 7 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

twt11 wrote:
So, when I go to any bank what will they use to pull my credit scores??  FICO?  How can I be sure since there is such a big difference in scores?

Yes... 49 of the top 50 banks on the US use FICO.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm confused.  Does FICO provide all 3 credit bureau scores?   Because I know that different banks use different bureaus.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.