Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAKO vs FICO

tag
kshew97
Valued Member

FAKO vs FICO

I belong to Equifax.com, and also use MyFico.com to monitor my reports. I believe MyFico lists a true FICO (now showing 678) and Equifax lists FAKO (now showing 622). Is it possible for your FAKO to be lower than your FICO?? Which one of these numbers will creditors see? My score is actually higher, but one account is in dispute and the OC admitted to reporting a 90 day late in error and are updating now, but I am don't think I have ever seen FICO higher than FAKO.

Starting Score: 577
Current Score: 742
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gijoe4500
Regular Contributor

Re: FAKO vs FICO

My FICOs are higher than my FAKOs through USAA's credit monitoring services.  You can't really compare the two. Most (not all) lenders use some version of your actual FICO score.

Starting Score: MyFico TU: 621 EQ: 610
Current Score: Discover TU: 829 Discover EX: 827
Goal Score: 700's baby! (made it 4/10/2013!)
New Goal: 830!!
Message 2 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@kshew97 wrote:
I belong to Equifax.com, and also use MyFico.com to monitor my reports. I believe MyFico lists a true FICO (now showing 678) and Equifax lists FAKO (now showing 622). Is it possible for your FAKO to be lower than your FICO?? Which one of these numbers will creditors see? My score is actually higher, but one account is in dispute and the OC admitted to reporting a 90 day late in error and are updating now, but I am don't think I have ever seen FICO higher than FAKO.

Hello and welcome.

There is no way to know what direction a FICO score will go as compared to a FAKO score. So it really doesn't matter which one is higher or lower. My advice is to ignore all FAKO's all the time. To do otherwise is an exercise in futility.

As far as Equifax you can get both FICO and FAKO scores there so you have to be very careful. The EQ FICO score from their website is the same Beacon 5.0 version found here at myFICO. That Equifax FICO score can be found here: www.equifax.com/web-myfico-products/

But Equifax also sells their own "Equifax Credit Score" but this is not a FICO score. That's why I say you have to be very careful what you buy there.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

Hello and welcome.

There is no way to know what direction a FICO score will go as compared to a FAKO score. So it really doesn't matter which one is higher or lower. My advice is to ignore all FAKO's all the time. To do otherwise is an exercise in futility.

As far as Equifax you can get both FICO and FAKO scores there so you have to be very careful. The EQ FICO score from their website is the same Beacon 5.0 version found here at myFICO. That Equifax FICO score can be found here: www.equifax.com/web-myfico-products/

But Equifax also sells their own "Equifax Credit Score" but this is not a FICO score. That's why I say you have to be very careful what you buy there.

!00% agree.

Welcome to the Forums kshew, I hope you enjoy your stay here, there is a lot you can learn from this site.

Message 4 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@kshew97 wrote:

FAKO scores can't be correlated back to a FICO score.   For some people FAKOs are higher.....for some they are lower.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.