Did you mean: 

FICO 08 discounting AU account balances

tag
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: FICO 08 discounting AU account balances

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

I'm guessing they would still be factored into AAoA calculations though.

Probably not. My EX AAoA is six years with a score of 849, while DW's numbers are eleven and 850; I can find no other suspect than the AAoA to account for the discrepancy.

Well I'm flummoxed then.  I'll have to see if we can get any clarification on this.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 11 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@pizzadude wrote:

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

I'm guessing they would still be factored into AAoA calculations though.

Probably not. My EX AAoA is six years with a score of 849, while DW's numbers are eleven and 850; I can find no other suspect than the AAoA to account for the discrepancy.

Well I'm flummoxed then.  I'll have to see if we can get any clarification on this.

As I understand it anecdotally from user reports post Scorewatch migration, an AU counts as all or nothing under FICO 8 depending on whether the account is accepted or not based on their abuse algorithm, whereas FICO '04 they all counted.  Other than that they work the same way under the new scoring model.

ETA: I think the consumer confusion is a result of the seemingly inconsistent abuse algorithm, the details of which will never be released short of some data or confidentiality breach.

        
Message 12 of 14
Barneygirl
Frequent Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

I would be very surprised if FICO08 completely disregards AU accounts;  the few "official" explanations that I've seen from Fair Issac indicate they are still included however there are more advanced algorithms in place to weed out frivolous AUs.   Not sure how this works in the real world though....

Proof that FICO08 completely disregards AU accounts.....  I am AU on my sister's capital one card.  We have the same last name, same address, and we are co-owners of the same home.   When I paid off all of MY credit cards this month, and we left $2000 on her card, FICO08 dropped my score almost 20 points!!!!!   And, the weird, and confirming thing, is that last month when I used the score simulator it showed only MY CC balances, not hers... and this month is shows NO balances on ANY CC!!!

Strange thing is.... my sis and I have a very valid reason to have a CC together, and I should NOT be considered a "frivilous" AU... same name, same address. Smiley Happy

Current FICO Scores: EQ749; TU732; EX733
Message 13 of 14
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@pizzadude wrote:

I would be very surprised if FICO08 completely disregards AU accounts;  the few "official" explanations that I've seen from Fair Issac indicate they are still included however there are more advanced algorithms in place to weed out frivolous AUs.   Not sure how this works in the real world though....

I agree with this.

Although I have been known to be less than correct once in awhile!!  Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.