Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO 08 in effect?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO 08 in effect?

I haven't seen another post on this yet, but I do apologize if this is a repeat...

Does anyone know if FICO 08 has already gone into effect?

I have a WAMU card and I just received an email that my credit score increased (it just jumped up by 37 points, TYVM! Smiley Wink).  The email also said:

Although FICO(R) scores can change over time based on changes in your
credit file, we want to let you know that a recent update to the FICO scoring
system may result in an additional change to some people's FICO scores. Our
system has been updated to return the most recent version of FICO score, so
you might see a different score the next time you visit the site. We expect that
most people will see a relatively small change in their score as a result of this
update.

Fair Isaac--the company that developed the FICO score--changes the
scoring model periodically to reflect the current lending environment. This
updated version of the model ensures that the FICO score continues to be
reliable, consistent, and powerful risk assessment tool.

Does this mean they are now using the new equation?

Message Edited by massagemama on 02-21-2008 07:09 AM

Message Edited by massagemama on 02-21-2008 07:10 AM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FICO 08 in effect?

Thanks for posting. I just pulled EQ and EX on Mon. and all was the same.

Congrats on the 37 point freebie. If our scores go up, let's press for a new FICO09 model.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
so you might see a different score the next time you visit the site.

Your key quote is above. But it seems it will happen soon... very soon.

Message Edited by Moobs on 02-21-2008 10:49 AM
Message 3 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
I haven't seen another post on this yet, but I do apologize if this is a repeat...

I have a WAMU card and I just received an email that my credit score increased (it just jumped up by 37 points, TYVM! Smiley Wink).  The email also said:

Although FICO(R) scores can change over time based on changes in your credit file, we want to let you know that a recent update to the FICO scoring system may result in an additional change to some people's FICO scores. Our system has been updated to return the most recent version of FICO score, so you might see a different score the next time you visit the site. We expect that most people will see a relatively small change in their score as a result of this update.

Fair Isaac--the company that developed the FICO score--changes the
scoring model periodically to reflect the current lending environment. This
updated version of the model ensures that the FICO score continues to be
reliable, consistent, and powerful risk assessment tool.

Does this mean they are now using the new equation?

I'm still getting credit for being AU on the Discover card--I can tell because it's my oldest account on EQ and TU--so I don't think it's happened yet, at least not across the board.

One possibility: TU commissioned a new scoring system (pre-FICO 08) a while back, and creditors have been slowly switching over to it from the old one. Maybe WaMu went ahead and switched, although that seems odd if they're anticipating FICO 08 to start soon. And I agree about the key phrase being "next time you visit the site."

Interesting! thanks for posting this.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 8
Dawn
Established Contributor

massagemama wrote:

I have a WAMU card and I just received an email that my credit score increased (it just jumped up by 37 points, TYVM! Smiley Wink). 
Which CRA score does this refer to?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dawn wrote:

massagemama wrote:

I have a WAMU card and I just received an email that my credit score increased (it just jumped up by 37 points, TYVM! Smiley Wink). 
Which CRA score does this refer to?

The PFICO you get from WaMu comes from TU.

Message 6 of 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

All 3 CRAs are treating my AUship as a valid account as of today (MyFICO reports)
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

From what I hear, FICO 08 isn't here yet. (Yet.) Those of us with AU accounts that significantly affect our reports and scores (age, util, etc.) will probably find out PDQ when it happens! Smiley Surprised
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.