Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO-3 AUTOSCORE?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO-3 AUTOSCORE?

Ally Financial (finances my car) claims to use the FICO-3 Autoscore model. Has anyone ever heard of this model? myFICO.com does not appear to provide this score in its panel of reported scores. My FICO-3 Autoscore is also 50-70 points lower than my other FICO scores.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Re: FICO-3 AUTOSCORE?

In my 3B reports, Fico 3 only shows under Experian for me, is substantially lower in the range you stated. Also states older version mostly used for credit card lending.

I wonder if they used this model or Vantage 3.0

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

"The Many Flavors of FICO" is the best resource we have for figuring out what credit score name refers to what actual model/CRA.

As Dolly suggests, it looks like FICO 3 refers to the model released in 2004 (FICO 04) used by Experian.

PS.  Welcome to the forums!

Message 3 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ally Financial (finances my car) claims to use the FICO-3 Autoscore model. Has anyone ever heard of this model? myFICO.com does not appear to provide this score in its panel of reported scores. My FICO-3 Autoscore is also 50-70 points lower than my other FICO scores.

I believe it's EX FICO 3 which shows up in MyFICO's 3B reports.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 4 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

EX does sell a FICO Risk Model v3 Auto Enhanced score as stated in their regulatory compliance disclosures: it's just not a very popular one at all, actually FICO Risk Model v3 in all flavors is hardly used anywhere in the industry presumably because the GSE's stuck with EX v2.  

Previous FICO Score models (2005):

Experian/FICO® Risk Model v3 Experian

FICO® Bankcard Risk Model v3 Experian

FICO® Auto Risk Model v3 Experian

FICO® Personal Finance Risk Model v3 Experian

FICO® Installment Risk Model v3

https://www.experian.com/assets/regulatory-compliance/consumer-information/brochures/risk-based-pric...

To my knowledge you can't get this score anywhere, though my base EX FICO 3 is one of my worst scores (that and EQ FICO 5, I'm starting to suspect this darned CFA hoses them badly).

        
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.