Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO 8 up 115 points today on balance increase but FICO 4 no movement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO 8 up 115 points today on balance increase but FICO 4 no movement

I got an email today and logged on and found out my TU FICO 8 score went up by 115 points from 715 to 830(for some reason it shows as balance on all accounts increased). I was excited so I checked my FICO 4 score and it still shows at 692(zero moverment). Is such a wide varince between the versions to be expected(138 points)?

Update: I checked all the other FICO scores from TU and none of them appear to have moved at all? This seems even stranger is FICO 8 scoring some factor that none of the other scores are? Also I don't get how an overall balance increase would up the score(I'd say I want from 8 to about 12% util).

Thanks,

Chad

TU 830

EX 820

EQ 708

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO 8 up 115 points today on balance increase but FICO 4 no movement

Unless you buy a new report, the other scores won't show an update. And your balance increase did not cause a 115 point jump. Something else is going on.

Message 2 of 8
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got an email today and logged on and found out my TU FICO 8 score went up by 115 points from 715 to 830(for some reason it shows as balance on all accounts increased). I was excited so I checked my FICO 4 score and it still shows at 692(zero moverment). Is such a wide varince between the versions to be expected(138 points)?

Update: I checked all the other FICO scores from TU and none of them appear to have moved at all? This seems even stranger is FICO 8 scoring some factor that none of the other scores are? Also I don't get how an overall balance increase would up the score(I'd say I want from 8 to about 12% util).

Thanks,

Chad

TU 830

EX 820

EQ 708

Say goodbye to baddies, have a drink on the house.

You can't break 800 (actually 760 - IMO) with a baddie on file. Inverse had this kind of a step change in score when his lien(s) came off. So did CAPTOOL when his last baddie came off..

Let us know "the real deal" when you have a chance to look at your credit report details.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks I guess you're right I did dispute the one baddie on my report(GMAC lease writeoff from years ago date of first delinq. was about 7 years ago in December but GM/ally was changing the date of 1st delq. and adding recent late to something they wrote off years ago I thought it would be harder to get removed) but I didn't see any alerts about that on this just the balance increase(also when I look at my score it still shows the chargeoff so I guess myFico just gets bad information). The wierd thing is I haven't got anything back on the dispute but I guess they did remove it but not provide it to myFICO? I have a free report coming up next month so I'll see exactly whats happening.I'm wondering what my morgage FICO is I didn't realize those didn't auto update at all.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks I guess you're right I did dispute the one baddie on my report(GMAC lease writeoff from years ago date of first delinq. was about 7 years ago in December but GM/ally was changing the date of 1st delq. and adding recent late to something they wrote off years ago I thought it would be harder to get removed) but I didn't see any alerts about that on this just the balance increase(also when I look at my score it still shows the chargeoff so I guess myFico just gets bad information). The wierd thing is I haven't got anything back on the dispute but I guess they did remove it but not provide it to myFICO? I have a free report coming up next month so I'll see exactly whats happening.I'm wondering what my morgage FICO is I didn't realize those didn't auto update at all.

The removal of a bad entry isn't a trigger event, so you wouldn't see an alert from it.

Message 5 of 8
JLK93
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The charge off isn't factored into your FICO score while the dispute is in process.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

oilcan12 wrote

The charge off isn't factored into your FICO score while the dispute is in process.

I'll have to see what happens. I also disputed on EQ and I got a status change to under investigation but my score didn't move at all on that one.

Thanks,

Chad

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just recieved notification from TU that they deleted the GMAC account as a result of the investigation. The letter is dated the fifth 5th a single day after I filed the dispute. Unfortunately EQ seems to suck and it still shows under investigation expected date 3/4(wow these guys are a lot slower than TU a single day vs 31 that 3100% slower).

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.