New Visitor
wowee

FICO Classic 04 -- good, bad, or indifferent+

Can anyone tell me if FICO Classic 04 indicates that someone is a fair risk?  I'd just gotten used to the 500, 600, etc., system, and now they've come up with "Classic" and I'm lost.
Senior Contributor
ilovepizza

Re: FICO Classic 04 -- good, bad, or indifferent+

[ Edited ]
Classic is just another name for the Mortgage score I believe which relates to all release models and it's about to be updated with FICO 08 in 2009 est. Classic will still refer to the mortgage score. You have Classic/Mortgage, Wamu PFICO/Card Enhanced and Auto Enhanced. I think fair is 560-659 for a mortgage score. If anyone knows otherwise please post.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 05-23-2008 08:50 PM
If we never set higher goals we would never get as far.
sol, credit 101, acr, abbreviations, calc
New Visitor
wowee

Thanks for your info.  Do you know if  Classic 04 would be an ok score.  Do you know what, for instance, "04" would equate to in the 500, 600, etc., type of fico scores?
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

wowee wrote:
Thanks for your info.  Do you know if  Classic 04 would be an ok score.  Do you know what, for instance, "04" would equate to in the 500, 600, etc., type of fico scores?

The "04" you are referring to is not a score itself.  It's the name of a FICO algorithm for TU that was developed in 2004, and which has slowly begun to replace the older TU 98 version.  The "04" is simply short for 2004.

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+