Frequent Contributor
JAY305

FICO Credit Score Help

Recently, I applied for and was approved for the Discover IT card and I am now a little perplexed.  

I currently subscribe to the myFICO ScoreWatch product.  My Equifax FICO score per myFICO ScoreWatch is 630.  

However, I received my Discover It card today and included is a summary page that suggests that my Equifax FICO credit score is 667.  

Can someone please explain the disparity between the 2 scores?  Notably, I have read several posts which suggest that there are lots of differing scoring models.  However, the summary page from Discoer suggests that the score of 667 is my FICO credit score derived from Equifax.  If this was a different scoring model, I wouldn't expect for a company like Discover to claim that it is a FICO score when indeed it is not for legality reasons.

Help! 

AMEX PRG (EMV) | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Signature (EMV) | Citi Prestige WEMC (EMV) | Discover It
Valued Contributor
AndySoCal

Re: FICO Credit Score Help

Did the letter tell you what the score range was? This will help ID which socre they pulled. Some FICO scores are industry enhanced which have a different score range

Equifax My FICO score 815 5/28/2012, 818 on 7/28/2014 . Average of Accounts 12 years and no Installment accounts. MyFICO TU 810 6/26/2012 809 4/21/2013 MyFICO XPN -805. 2/26/2014 Discover TU FICO 813 App free since 9/2011
Frequent Contributor
JAY305

Re: FICO Credit Score Help

Thanks for the response.  It suggests that "scores range from a low of 300 to a high of 850.

AMEX PRG (EMV) | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Signature (EMV) | Citi Prestige WEMC (EMV) | Discover It

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+