Revelate

Re: FICO EXPERTS: Place your wagers here.............

[ Edited ]

Involver wrote:

Two years is too soon.  Expect some incremental relief beginning at four.

Depends on model, FICO '08 might be at 3 years, or shorter possibly.  The score disparity from my state tax lien with a new tax lien added was something like 50 points when my EQ '04 barely even moved, 5-6 points.

ETA: it could well be sooner, my state lien was 12/10, and I was sitting at EX '08 of 718 vs. 660 EQ '04 on 7/4/13.  EX has an additional fed tax lien on it compared to EQ so the report is unquestionably worse.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Involver

Re: FICO EXPERTS: Place your wagers here.............

Revelate wrote:

Involver wrote:

Two years is too soon.  Expect some incremental relief beginning at four.

Depends on model, FICO '08 might be at 3 years, or shorter possibly.  The score disparity from my state tax lien with a new tax lien added was something like 50 points when my EQ '04 barely even moved, 5-6 points.

ETA: it could well be sooner, my state lien was 12/10, and I was sitting at EX '08 of 718 vs. 660 EQ '04 on 7/4/13.  EX has an additional fed tax lien on it compared to EQ so the report is unquestionably worse.

All valid points.  I didn't delve into the specific scoring models for the sake of brevity.

From my personal experience (student loan TLs were a major derog) I suffered severely for the first four years (minor increases), and then began to saw some increases in scoring.  

I am now at 6.5+ and did just pick up a pretty interesting data point for my profile.  On EQ my TL open date lists as "N/A" whereas it is correct on EX and TU.  Consequently my AAoA on EQ is quite a bit lower as this account is over 9 years old.  I disputed the open date through EQ and my file updated to list my most recent late as a 120 2 months ago vs 6 years and my score dropped 44 points.  So, that's pretty much exacly how much I gained in 5 yrs, 8 months.  

Cash+ | CSP | Double Cash | Fidelity AMEX | BCE | Hhonors | PRG | FNBO AMEX | Sallie Mae | NASA Cash Rewards | Penfed Promise

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}