Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO/Equifax lurkers on this board????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO/Equifax lurkers on this board????

I just had a VERY weird thing happen to me today.

Earlier i posted on the board about how my score went up 7 pts just for my dispute comments being put on two accounts.

Well... now my score just dropped 7 pts due to one of the same accounts showing the following status:

What it says now:
-----------------
Account transferred or sold
Charge off account
Credit card

What it said 2 hrs ago??:
-------------------------
Account closed at consumer's request
Account transferred or sold
Charge off account
Credit card

So, how could this be? Why would this change my score drop? FICO is telling me it did??

Could it be they shouldn't have raised the score 7 pts, saw my post and lowered it somewhow? Or is it all just a coincidence?

Makes me worry about posting too many details here if this is the case, particularly if there is any possibility this is true!???

Message Edited by someday22 on 03-22-2008 12:08 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO/Equifax lurkers on this board????

I assure you myFICO has no control over what in on your reports or can they modify your score-

I have asked- and no dice.
Message 2 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

The only time that I have ever seen the slightest hint of reaction to a post is on Using myFICO Products, when someone complains about no recent ScoreWatch score alerts, and then they post back a day or two later saying that they got one, and they think that it's due to the post. And that would not be related to reports, but to how well a myFICO product works.

Even with that, I'm pretty skeptical, because I whine on that forum a lot, and my ScoreWatch is still in a coma! Smiley Very Happy (also: Smiley Sad )

But I agree with Timothy, nothing we do here seems to affect our actual reports. Since the CRA's generally can't be bothered to properly respond to disputes, I find it hard to believe that they would take the time to read here, figure out who we are, and fiddle with our reports. If they did, the bogus consumer-disputes on my Sears account would have been gone long, long ago.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The explanation for the score change is very straightforward.

You disputed an account, so it was taken out of the FICO scoring calculation until the dispute was completed.  Result: FICO up 7 points.

Dispute investigation was completed, the comments on the account were changed (as a result of the dispute?), and the account began to count towards FICO again since it is no longer in dispute.  Result: FICO down 7 points, right back where you started.

This is to be expected, since the "account closed by consumer" notation has no effect on FICO.

Edit to add:  At least you now know that the particular account you disputed is doing exactly 7 points worth of damage.

Message Edited by cheddar on 03-24-2008 12:53 AM
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Glad to hear there are no lurkers! Smiley Wink It just seemed strange. But your explanations make sense.

Thanks!

p.s. bummer to know the one acct is 7 pts...ouch!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.