Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Glass Ceiling

tag
GFer
Valued Contributor

Re: FICO Glass Ceiling

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a "glass ceiling" that occurs in FICO scoring if there is a collection or a charge-off on your reports?  I know they hurt less as every year passes.  I'm wondering if I can ever get to 680 with charge-off and collections. (currently at 640 with no revolving debt and no late payments in 18 months)

Mine aren't as high as 'some' on here, but I'm living proof! I have about every derog one could have  minus the bankruptcy and repo. (and more than one of each...!)

But the 740-770 range comment gives me high hopes! Smiley Happy

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
There is a "glass ceiling" in that if you have a serious derog and/or a public record, you are assigned to one of the two negative score buckets. There's only so high that you can go in these --760-770, maybe? (bracing myself for storm of contradictory reports! Smiley Wink )

Once they fall off your reports, you will be reassigned to a positive bucket, and your potential top score is much higher.

I WISH my score were 760-770   -   I just about laid bricks at my desk when when I got to 634 last week!

Message 12 of 16
GFer
Valued Contributor

Hey, AmyBoo--our TU & EX will be at 900 before our EQ gets to that point! LOL

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 16
recoverychick
Regular Contributor

Oops.  Me, again.  And an 03 CH13.  Responsibility, time and patience.  You'll make it.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well... I just pulled my scores again this morning and I have one that is at 659.

Woo Hoo! One point away from "average"!

Message 15 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

AmyBoo wrote:

Well... I just pulled my scores again this morning and I have one that is at 659.

Woo Hoo! One point away from "average"!

...and one point away from the yellow "Good" score.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.